If you wish to enjoy the flavor of Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your LG Optimus L7 P700 handset then there is good news for you as CM10 Nightly Custom ROM for the same has been rolled out. This latest update is not released by LG and the company even does not seem to be in any mood to bring any updates for this model so if you wish to enjoy the features of Android 4.1.2 then this custom ROM will be a great option.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The Android Jelly Bean CM10 Custom ROM is not an official release and thus in order to flash its file you will need a custom recovery like that of ClockworkMod. Moreover being Nightly build in nature be prepared to face the problems like bugs, FC errors and other on the installation of the firmware. In order to come over these problems, you can re-install the stock firmware or other custom ROM that is stable.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 CM 10.1 Jelly Bean Nightly Custom ROM on LG Optimus L7 (P700)
If you have finally decided to update your LG Optimus L7 handset with the Android Jelly Bean update then you can go through our step by step guide that will help you to install the firmware successfully. We would recommend you to first go through the entire guide and then start the process of installation.
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 2: Now you will need to connect your handset to your PC and then copy the files that you have downloaded in the first step to the root folder of the phone’s SD card.
Step 3: Now switch off your LG Optimus L7 and disconnect it from the USB cable
Step 4: In this next step you will have to bring your phone in the recovery mode and this you can do by turning ON the phone and then pressing as well holding the keys of Power and Volume Down together. This needs to be done till you reach the CWM Recovery Mode.
Step 5: As now when you have reached to the CWM recovery it is needed to perform the function of wiping the data first and after that move down to the option of install zip from SD card. After reaching to the option, tap on the Power key to select it.
Step 6: Again the key of Power is tapped so as to select the option of choose zip from SD card.
Step 7: Now comes the next step where you will need to make the use of volume buttons in order to go the zip file of the ROM that you have earlier copied in the SD card of your phone. As you reach to these files, you can select them by pressing the button of Power. Now in order to start the process of the installation you will have to do its confirmation on the next screen.
Step 8: The above given Step 7 needs to be followed for the Google Apps file as well.
Step 9: Now when the installation process gets completed you need to move back and then perform the reboot of your LG Smartphone from the recovery menu.
So with completion of the above given steps you will be able to update your LG Optimus L7 handset with the latest firmware and if you wish to confirm the version you can also do so by going to the option of About Phone in the Settings Menu.