As technology keeps progressing, gone are the times when we need to have hard cash on us every time we want to buy something. Today, a smart phone can do almost everything we require in our day to day financial activities: bank transactions, online payments, and even manage our daily bills. There are smart phone payment solutions that help a user to easily shop online, pay for electric, phone or other bills, transfer money to somebody else’s online wallet, pay taxi fares, and do many other transactions without having hard cash. It is easy and safe to make payments with the help of an online wallet application because there is no chance of losing your money at all. As a merchant, it is beneficial to use Smart Phone payment solutions in order to keep your money safeguarded and by having minimum cash at your store. With additional features, payment track records can also be maintained in order to have them ready at the time of tax payments. Below are the top 6 smart phone payment solutions which make it easy for you to carry out all of your payment transactions online without any complications.
PayPal Here, created by PayPal, is one of the easiest and most popular smartphone payment solutions. It allows small businesses to accept payments anywhere. It is a card reader with a low cost and no monthly fees. It supports Visa, Maestro, MasterCard, V Pay, and Visa Electron cards and therefore a majority of users can take advantage of paying through the PayPal Here App.
- The PayPal Here app can be used to track the payments, including check, cash, invoices and receipts. You can link PayPal Here payments and eBay sales as well.
- The PayPal device is really attractive and thicker and the payment amount is clearly visible on the phone.
- When using the PayPal Here app on an Android smartphone, you need to have 2.0 Bluetooth version or higher.
- PayPal is one of the most trusted payment solutions for users and hence, you would get a lot of users to use this payment mode.
- The PayPal Here solution offers payment of additional tips as well.
- The account can be synchronized to bank accounts directly.
Free or Paid: The app is free to use.
Google wallet is a smart phone payment service developed by Google which you can use to transfer payments to other user accounts from your mobile device or computer. The Google wallet is linked to your Debit card or bank account so you can use the wallet just like a virtual debit card itself for any electronic transactions. This smart phone payment solution app is available for Android devices of 4.0 and above and iOS devices of iOS 7.0 and above.
- The user can also use a Physical Google wallet card which he or she can make purchases at stores with the money in their Google wallet account and also withdraw from ATMs using this card.
- This application allows users to send money to each other viaWeb, Gmail or their phones by just entering the phone number or email of the recipient.
- The user can link upto two bank accounts on the same Google wallet.
- The user creates a 4 digit PIN for managing the Google wallet and after the PIN gets verified, the transactions can be conducted through the smart phone.
- Google Wallet and Google Wallet cards can be used to conduct transactions anywhere in the US.
- The user can take advantage of additional offers and deals on shopping and other transactions which he gets as a user of Google wallet.
Free or Paid: the app is free to use
LevelUp is a mobile payment platform created by SCVNGR, which is a Massachusetts based startup. This application allows the user to use QR code technology in order to conduct payment transactions for local businesses on Android and Apple smart phones. This app works on a process where the registered users link their debit or credit card to a unique QR code displayed in the app.
- In order to pay with the help of Level Up, the user has to scan the QR code on their phone at the Level Up terminals located at the places where payments through this payment solution are accepted.
- There are a lot of savings and discounts which the user can avail when he uses Level Up as it offers ‘First Time Visit’special savings. This means that when the user makes the first transactions at the merchant’s location, he gets some discounts.
- The users can unlock credit facility at a particular merchant’s store after spending a particular amount for paying at the merchant’s business.
- Level Up payment option is available at businesses in Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco, Seattle, Philadelphia, Virginia, NYC and other major cities in the US.
Free or Paid: The app is free to use
Intuit GoPayment is a mobile credit card operating system created by Intuit. It accepts all types of credit cards and the application is compatible with iOS and Android devices. With the help of this app, you can pay at different small scale businesses and can also pay tips directly. Shown below are some of the features of this application:
- Intuit GoPayment supports Blackberry Smartphones as well as Android and iOS.
- The registration on GoPayment includes a lot of questions related to the card details and bank accounts and hence, your transactions would be totally safe.
- You can integrate QuickBooks to GoPayment with the help of which you can easily import and export the sales data between QuickBooks and GoPayment.
- GoPayment gives the user a special feature in which the user can use the smart phone camera to capture credit card information.
- You can collect sales tax and allow your customers to keep tips with the help of GoPayment.
- You will get receive a card swiping machine for your account on GoPayment.
Free or Paid: The app is free to use
Square register is a free to use Android point of sale app that provides all the facilities needed to run a business and take the payments. The app allows easy and fast funds deposit in the bank account and also provides option to keep a track on the inventory and sales. More features of the app are given below:
- It offers a range of tools which helps the user to track sales, taxes, top paying customers and a lot more.
- There is no monthly fee required to pay in order to use Square.
- Square takes care of digital receipts, inventories and sales reports while providing you with valuable statistics. As a result, you get the exact details of any transaction whenever you want.
- Square even works when your internet is not working so there would not be any obstacles in conducting the transactions.
- Square upgrades itself automatically to the latest versions so that all the payment transactions as well as other new utility features can be utilized as soon as it’s available.
- The interface of Square resembles a traditional cash register.
- The app accepts Visa, American Express, MasterCard and Discover
- It records gift cards, cash as well as other tender forms
- It can send the receipts through text messages as well as emails
Free or Paid: The app if free to use.
Apple Pay is an app which has made payments through apps easier and safer. You can use you credit cards and all other cards with just one touch. It is a simple to use app which would not require you carrying your cards everywhere. You can utilize this safe and private way to pay from this app whether it is from your iPhone, iWatch, or iPad.
- The credit card number is never separately saved on the iOS device and therefore your information is never sent to the merchant. Only the actual payment is made from your device.
- If you use this app on iPhone 6 or 6s, you can make your payments with just the touch of a finger because of the New Field Communication Antenna.
- You can add multiple credit and debit cards on this online wallet and have a safe and secure checkout experience.
- Even if you lose your phone, your account would be safe as you can immediately deactivate your app account within no time.
Free or Paid: It is free to use.