Top 10 Android Smartphones Getting Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Firmware Update
The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is the latest version of the Android OS and by far the smoothest, fastest and most accessible version to date. It will be made available to the smartphones listed below this summer and this list records the ten best Android phones among the other recipients. Note that this list is not ranked by merit or virtue.
1. Samsung Galaxy SIII
- Samsung was obviously aware of the launch of the Jelly Bean update and prepared accordingly for it. The Samsung Galaxy SIII was actually the first Samsung to get the update.
2. Samsung Galaxy SII
- While the Samsung Galaxy SIII was given first priority in getting the updated software, the SII is not too far behind. It is set to get the update after the updates for the SIII have been completed as well as after reviews on the functioning of the software and the TouchWiz interface have been generated.
3. Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket
- A variant of the SII, the Skyrocket is to start getting its update around the same time with the SII.
4. HTC One X
- There has been testing going on to check the compatibility of the OS with this device and so far it has been said that everything is working well. The update was said to start rolling out by the end of July.
5. Motorola Atrix 2
- Motorola is not a stranger to the Jelly Bean update, with its Motorola Xoom tablet being among the first devices to get the update. It has been said that the update for the phone will start rolling out from the second week of August.
6. Sony Xperia
- Sony had already been working with Google on the Google TV concept and was apparently aware of the imminent launch of the Jelly Bean. They have apparently been working on a UI that will be compatible with the OS and will be ready for the update once they can get rid of some bugs.
7. HTC EVO 4G
- It has been said that the update for this device will be ready by the first week of September, making it the only Sprint device with the update.
8. Verizon Motorola Xoom
- The update for this model was not expected to come out that soon but there were leaks and a few lucky users got the update, showing that Verizon is already getting ready for the release.
9. Galaxy Nexus
- Being among the first devices that were to receive the update, the updates began rolling out in the second week of July.
10. LG Viper 4 G
One of the first LG devices confirmed to get the update, the Viper should start updating to the Jelly Bean version either in September or October.