If you are using the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and wish to update your SGH-T999 handset to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean then the recently rolled out CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM will be of great help to you. This latest firmware update is not an official release as it is expected that the company will release the official update only after releasing the Galaxy S4. Before going on for this firmware update make sure that you have CWM recovery so as to install the files on your Smartphone.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM is nightly build so it is very much possible that after doing the installation your handset may not boot, have bugs or FC errors and encounter other problems as well. In case if you face these problems, you will need to have the re-installation of the firmware or other Custom ROM that is stable.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)
T-Mobile Galaxy SGH-T999 Smartphone users can make use of the below given guide so as to install the firmware update.
Step By Step Guide :-
Step 2: Now the phone is to be connected to your PC through USB cable and the files that have been downloaded in the previous step has to be copied in the SD card of the phone. At this time make sure that the copying of the files is done only to the root folder of the card and not at any other location.
Step 3: Now moving on to the next stage of the process where you have to switch off your Smartphone and unplug it from the USB cable.
Step 4: Entering the recovery Mode is the next step of the procedure that can be performed by switching on the Galaxy S3 phone and then after that press as well as hold the keys of Home, Power and Volume Up together for some time.
Step 5: So now you are in the ClockworkMod recovery in which the data is wiped first and after that the option of flash zip from SD card is to be selected by using the Power Key.
Step 6: The key of Power is again pressed to make the selection of the option choose zip from SD Card.
Step 7: Now comes the time when you will have to make use of the volume keys so as to move to zip files of ROM that you have earlier copied on the SD card of your phone. As you reach to these files, you can select them by pressing the Power Key.
Step8: The above given step is again repeated for the zip files of Google applications as well. Now on the next screen you will need to confirm the installation to start the procedure.
Step 9: Now as soon as your procedure of installation gets completed you will need to go back and then reboot your handset. The reboot can be done by making the selection of the option reboot system now that is present in the recovery menu. It will take around 5 minutes to reboot your Smartphone for the first time so just wait and do not interrupt.
By performing the above given steps carefully we hope that you will be able to successfully install latest CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Smartphone and enjoy its features.