In this article we are going to take you through the steps to update your Sony Xperia T LT30p Mint with the new Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM 10.1 custom firmware. This is the latest release for this device that will bring you to the cutting edge. More builds will be coming soon providing even more features previously not available.
Updating your firmware is a good way to get extra life out of your device without having to spend any money. All it takes is a little bit of time, along with some basic knowledge about Android and using a computer in general. Make sure to read all the instructions and fully understand the process before starting. While it is relatively simple to update your firmware, some minor mistakes can be costly.
Disclaimer : This build is not officially supported by SONY. Root access to your phone is required to accomplish this. Following this guide will void your warranty. It is possible, though unlikely to brick your device.
Features of Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Custom Firmware :
Remember that not all features may yet work perfectly, but you will be able to take advantage of some improvements to Android that Google has implemented. Lets take a look at just what this update has to offer.
- Quick Settings: Pull down the notification bar with two fingers and get a more complete menu of settings. Excellent feature for those who constantly adjust their device.
- Improved Camera Interface and Features: The camera app has been redesigned, and now lets you add various filters to your pictures. You can also capture shots using HDR mode which combines two photos with different exposures, then combines the two to make a high res photo with excellent contrast.
- Gesture Keyboard: Must like the Swift keyboard or Swype, you can now slide your finger to type using the touchscreen. Word prediction has been improved and in tests performs really well.
- Google Now: While not useful to those who guard their privacy close while online, this service can be really helpful with the new improvements.
- Photosphere: Take your own 360 degree panoramas. Easily share these to Google+. Add to the photo up, down, left and right creating a full view.
Backup and Other Precautions :
During this process all data stored on your devices internal memory will be erased. Be sure to take stock of what is not already backed up to your SD card or the cloud.
- Ensure you have root access to the device.
- Sync your contacts to Gmail as this is the easiest way to restore contacts quickly.
- Write down all your important network access point information. SSID, Passwords etc.
- Ensure that all of your apps data is backed up or stored online in some manner. There are a variety of apps to help do complete backups to your SD card, including all current data.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Charge your battery to at least 85%, 100% preferred.
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Custom Firmware on Sony Xperia T LT30p Mint
This guide is only intended for the Sony Xperia T LT30p. There is no guarantee this will work on any variants.
There will be a few small downloads, we will provide the links to these in the guide. All downloads are property of their respective owners, and neither us or they are responsible for what happens to your device. Remember that installing custom firmware is done at your own risk.
Root Warning: Having root access enabled on your device can at times expose you to certain other vulnerabilities on less than reputable web sites. Please take advantage of an Android security suite while surfing the web.
- Download Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Custom Rom and Google Apps for Xperia T to your computer.
- Connect your Xperia T to the computer and enable mass storage.
- Copy and paste the downloads from step one to the ROOT directory ( not in a folder ) of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and disconnect the USB.
- Boot into recovery mode by switching on the phone and pressing volume down repeatedly. If that doesn’t work try this guide.
- In Clockwork MOD recovery, perform a full data wipe of the device. Then select “Flash ZIP from SD card”
- Press the power button to select “Choose File from SD”. Select the Android 4.2.1 file and confirm the installation. Repeat this step for the Google Apps ZIP.
- When this is complete go back and select the option to reboot your device. Remember that the first time can take up to five minutes, so be patient.
That’s all there is to it, verify the installation by checking the “About Phone” in your settings. Enjoy!