If you have the Galaxy Young Duos and wish to update the OS of the handset then you have all the reasons to smile as the Android 4.1.2 XXAMBG official jelly bean firmware has been released. The official utility KIES can be used to down the firmware but if the link for the download is not available on your Samsung S6312 handset then you can also do the manual installation as per the instructions given in the below part of the article. The handset users in Russia and Germany have been getting the OTA message for update of XXAMBG firmware. You will have to make use of the ODIN flash tool in order to install the firmware.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
- PDA- S6312XXAMBG
- Version- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- CSC- S6312OXXAMA9
- Month of Release – March, 2013
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXAMBG) on Galaxy Young Duos (S6312)
The following given steps can be used to update your Samsung S6312 handset and before going for the update make sure to take the back up of all the data and keep your handset fully charged.
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 2: Now after that you will have switch of your handset in which the update needs to be done.
Step 3: Now the next step is to get your phone in the download mode and for this you will have to press as well as hold the keys of Home, Volume Down and Power together for around few seconds. Now will you receive a warning screen and after that the button of Volume Up is tapped in order to make entry in the Download Mode.
Step 4: Now the folder of ODIN tool that has been extracted in the 1st step of the process is explored and on Odin3 v3.07.exe file you have to right click. Now in order to start with the administrator privilege, you will have to make the selection of the menu “Run as Administrator” that is there in the right context panel.
Step 5: Now with the help of a USB cable your handset is connected to your PC. After this you will receive a message saying “Added” at the left hand side bottom area within the message box of ODIN. In case no such message appears, then you can try for the other port of USB on your computer or re-install the driver. On successful connection of your phone you will get a COM port number appearing in the background of yellow color.
Step 6: Now comes the next step where the following given files in the ODIN flash tool are selected from the extracted folder of the XXAMBG firmware.
- Click on the key of PDA and make the selection of the .tar file present here with the word “code” coming in its name
- Hit on the key of Phone and make the selection of the file having the word “modem” in its name. ( if no such file is there, then just leave it)
- Click on the key of CSC and make the selection of the file with “csc” in its name. ( if no such file is there, then just leave it)
- Hit on the key of PIT and make the selection of the .pit file. ( if no such file is there, then just leave it)
Step 7: Now the option of F.Reset Time and Auto reboot are selected in the ODIN window. In case if the selection of.pit file is done in the above given step then the check box of Re-Partition also needs to be selected.
Step 8: Once all the check boxes in the above step are selected, you will need to begin the process of firmware installation by clicking on the key of Start.
Step 9: After the completion of the installation procedure, your Galaxy handset will automatically reboot and this may take some time so just wait and be patient. A message saying “Pass” when then appear in the window of ODIN at the left top corner. After this you can take off the USB cable from the phone and the computer to disconnect.
So with the completion of these steps, your Samsung Galaxy Young Duos is all set and ready with the Android 4.1.2 update that you can also verify by going to the option of About Phone that is present in the Settings