The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update version XXAMB5 for Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 (S7710) is now available for download. While the download is available on KIES, you can follow this tutorial to manually install the firmware update on your device. The firmware XXAMB5 for Xcover 2 is unbranded, meaning you can download the firmware update on any Xcover 2 Galaxy except those manufactured in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China. The installation of the update on your device will help you resolve some bug issues and it will be more helpful in the regular maintenance of your device’s firmware. With the help of ODIN, you can update your Galaxy Xcover S7710 firmware to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The official release of the XXAMB5 firmware was available in February 2013. The firmware comes with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with PDA S7710XXAMB5 and CSC S7710OXXAMB2. The firmware update is currently available within the UK, France, Austria, Hungary, Spain, Belgium, and Italy regions.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXAMB5) on Galaxy Xcover 2 (S7710)
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 1: Download the Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 S7710 XXAMB5 for Galaxy Xcover 2 on your computer.
Step 2: Download ODIN v3.07 on your computer.
Step 3: Extract the files that you have downloaded in step 1. You will get a .tar file and save it to a folder.
Step 4: Extract the files that you have downloaded in Step 2. Save the Odin 3.07 .exe file in a folder.
Step 5: Turn off the device and wait for a few seconds to confirm that it is completely turned off.
Step 6: Bring the device into the download mode by holding the volume down, home and power buttons together. The logo of Samsung Galaxy will be shown on the screen and in just a few seconds the device will start to be on the download mode.
Step 7: Set up the Odin v3.07 .exe as the administrator in order to allow the download process without interruption.
Step 8: Using the USB cable, connect the device to the computer. The successful connection will be confirmed by the message “added” that will be shown on the bottom left box. If you cannot connect successfully, you may need to re-install the driver again to your computer or try other available USB port on your computer. The COM port will light in yellow to indicate that you have successfully added your device.
Step 9: From the .tar files that you downloaded in step 1, select the following files:
- Go to the PDA button and click on the .tar file with a file name “code”
- Go to the Phone button then click on the file name “modem”
- Go to the CSC button then click on the file name “csc”
- Go to the PIT button then click on the .pit file.
You can ignore the steps above when no such files are found from the downloaded files in step 1.
Step 10: Check the boxes for “auto reboot” and “F. Reset” from the ODIN window. If you are using the .pit file you should also check the “re-partition” checkbox.
Step 11: Begin the flashing process by pressing on the start button.
Step 12: If the flashing process is completed, the device will reboot automatically. You will see a PASS message that is located on the very top of ODIN along the left side with a green background. You can now disconnect the device from the computer.
Step 13: Your device is now updated to the Android firmware XXAMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2. You can verify this by going to the settings then go to the about phone section.
Now that your Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 S7710 is running on the latest Android firmware update on XXAMB5 you can enjoy a more updated maintenance program that will make your Galaxy Xcover 2 perform more smoothly and efficiently. Your device will receive bug fixes with the firmware as well.