The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is now available for all the users of Galaxy Tab 2 P3110. The XXDMA2 firmware update has been officially made available in various countries like Croatia and Chile and in the supported countries, the users can download it through Samsung KIES. In case if the update is not available in the KIES then manual update can also be done with the help of steps given in the below part of the article. This latest update will bring in variety of additional features for the tab like 4.2 Keyboard along with the feature of Swipe, multi window, notification panel that is new and can be customized, smart rotation, group cast app, smoother browser and others.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The Android XXDMA2 4.1.2 update is not CWM recovery flashable but an ODIN flashable firmware. The following are the details of the firmware:
- PDA: P3110XXDMA2
- Version: 4.1.2
- CSC: P3110UVSDMB1
- Date: February, 2013
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (XXDMA2) on Galaxy Tab 2 P3110
In order to help you for the successful installation of this latest update for your tab we have bring in the step by step guide as following:
Step by Step Guide :-
2nd Step: Now your tablet needs to be switched off and then you have to enter into the download mode for which the keys of Volume Down, Power and Home are pressed and hold down together. Once the logo of the Samsung Galaxy comes on the screen wait for few seconds and then you will be in the download mode.
3rd Step: Now the next step is to run the Odin as an Administrator so as to complete the procedure in a smooth manner.
4th Step: The next step in the procedure is to make use of a USB cable so as to connect your tablet to your computer. In case of successful connection, a message stating “Added” will appear on the left hand side under the message box of ODIN and you will also see that the COM port number will appear in Yellow color and now it’s the time to move to the next step.
5th step: Now you will have to select the following given files from the firmware folder that has been extracted
- The button of PDA is pressed and the .tar file that has the “code” present in its name is selected.
- The button of Phone is pressed and the file having the “modem” in the name is selected. ( If there is no such file, then simply leave it)
- The button of CSC is pressed and the file having the “csc” in the name is selected. ( If there is no such file, then simply leave it)
- PIT button is now pressed for selecting the .pit file. ( If there is no such file, then simply leave it)
6th Step: Now the selection of the Auto Reboot and the option of F.Reset Time is selected in the ODIN window and if in the above given step you have selected the .pit file then you will also have to select the Re-Partition option.
7th Step: Now in order to begin the procedure of flashing, the key of START is tapped.
8th Step: As soon as the flashing gets completed your Galaxy Tab 2 will automatically restart and you will also get the message of PASS along with the green background that will appear on the top of the ODIN in the left side.
9th Step: Lastly you can now disconnect the USB cable from your tablet as well as the computer.
Thus after completing all the above given steps, you will be successful in updating the XXDMA2 Android Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy P3110.