The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is one of the latest Samsung series that can be updated with DDCMA4 Android (4.1.1) Jelly Bean. This device brings in unique features like the newest TouchWiz, Face Unlock and different multimedia facilities that are exciting to use in this personal tablet. The firmware can easily be installed using Samsung Kies – if not possible, just follow the instructions in this tutorial. It is important however to do the necessary preparations before performing the update – like creating a back-up file for your data. There is no short-cut to the manual installation of the firmware so, it is crucial not to miss any step. You will be guided accordingly through the detailed steps in this article on how to update the specified device with the up-to-date firmware stated above. The loss of such files, applications and settings is evident because of the usage of ODIN in flashing the new system into the equipment. This sub-continent update for the Indian territory will be advantageous to the Galaxy tablet users because they can have a much enhanced tool without any physical upgrading – meaning, no need to spare extra cash for the process. So, it’s just like getting a high end product at no cost at all – just spare some time in doing the upgrade properly. In addition, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 was initially released with the ICS Firmware installed but it is compatible with any Jelly Bean OS such as the DDCMA4 version that was just rolled out recently.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (DDCMA4) on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110)
There are few things that are needed for updating certain device with a different operating system. First, the desired firmware version must be downloaded beforehand together with the flashing tool – which in this case, the ODIN. Next, aside from knowing about the process of the firmware installation, familiarise yourself with the flashing tool also. Last but not the least is to know how to facilitate the booting-up of the system to be able to experience the beneficial update done to your Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
Complete Step by Step Guide :-
- Go online and download Android 4.1.1 P3110DDCMA4 to your computer. Extract the file and use the zipped file.
- You need to download again an ODIN v1.85. This will be used in installing Android 4.1.1 on your Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) P33110.
- Turn-off your mobile phone and then proceed to Download Mode. Just press and hold on the volume up button for 3 counts followed by the Power button. Wait until the construction Android robot appears together with the triangle figure. Press down the Power again to make sure you entered into the Download Mode.
- Checkto be sure that you have the Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) USB drivers installed in your laptop computer.
- Turn on the ODIN on your computer and then connect your mobile phone while on the Download Mode.
- Wait until your phone is connected successfully. This step will take a little while. If the process is on the right tract the ID: COM boxes turns into yellow colour with COM port number.
- So now choose the files that you prefer to install on your phone. Go back to the zipped file that you have kept a while ago (see instruction #1).Click ‘PIT’ and select the.pit file if it is available on your file. Click PDA file and choose file with “CODE” on its name. If you want to add “CSC”, select “CSC” file in its name.
- Go back to ODIN and then check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Be certain that you have selected a PIT based on #7 steps for the Re-Partition option.
- You are almost done. Now click the Start button in ODIN. Wait for the installation process to set in for few minutes.
- When successfully installed, the firmware, your phone will automatically restart. Once the home screen appears, unplug your mobile phone from your computer.
You’re done! You now have updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with Android 4.1.1 DDCMA4 software.
You can’t fail if you follow every step given on how to update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 and the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean P3110DDCMA4 should now be operating in your device. Let us know of any issues that you possibly encounter by writing to us through the comments form. We shall try our very best to get back to you at the soonest possible time.