Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 can now be updated through the Android 4.1.1. Jelly Bean Firmware. The firmware is the XXCMA2 which is officially released primarily for updating your Galaxy Tab to a better upgraded form and performance. The firmware is available from Samsung KIES which you can install directly on your computer. However, it you are not aconfident to use KIES to update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, then your other option is to do it manually with the help of this step by step tutorial. After the procedure you can now run your Galaxy Tab device on a faster performing XXCMA2 firmware.
From the firmware, you can also root your device. There are many known benefits from using the XXCMA2 rooting as it could help improve the processing ability of your tablet. The latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware will give an overhaul on your tab’s performance at a faster speed and smoother transition from one program to another. In general, it gives your tablet performance a boost in terms of speed and quality. This generally what entice Android users to update their Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to the Jelly Bean XXCMA2 firmware. This tutorial will involve simple steps to help you start your upgraded experience using your Galaxy Tab 2. Just make sure to follow the instructions as provided accurately and carefully.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
The PDA of the Jelly Bean XXCMA2 is P5110XXCMA2 with CSC of P5110OXXCMA4. The firmware was released on January 21, 2013 and is now widely available on different countries like Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Belgium, Hungary, Germany and United Kingdom.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXCMA2) on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5110)
- Download the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXCMA2 for P5110 on your computer. Extract the zip file.
- Download ODIN v1.85 which you will need in order to install the Android 4.1.1. firmware for your Galaxy Tab P5110 device.
- Take your device in a download mode by turning it off and then hold the volume up button. Then press the power button. Wait until the Android robot is shown on the screen with the triangle icon. Press the power in order to make sure that your tablet is on a download mode.
- Check if the Galaxy Tab 2 USB driver is running on your computer and the open ODIN.
- While your tablet is on the download mode connect it to your computer. You can confirm that the device is properly connected if you will see the ID:COM turns yellow on the COM port number. Be patient to see this as it may take some time to complete the process.
- Find the files that you want to install on your device. You can find these files from the zip file that you previously extracted on your computer.
- Go to ODIN and check the following options: Auto reboot and F. Reset Time. If you selected the .PIT file in step 6, you have to check the re-partition option otherwise skip this option.
- Click the start option in ODIN in order to launch the installation process. Wait until the process is done and completed successfully.
- Once the installation is finished the device will restart. Wait till the home screen is shown to unplug the tablet from the computer.
Completing these steps will enhance the performance of your Samsung Tablet. Enjoy better enhancements on your device as you successfully updated your Galaxy 2 firmware with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean XXCMA2.