Another official update has been made available on Samsung KEIS and we have made this for anyone who either needs to or wishes to do the update manually. Being that this is an official ROM the update process is a lot easier than most, and this is a 100% stable, working firmware. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 will get the latest Jelly Bean features once you install this upgrade and they most certainly are worth it. With each Android release the mobile OS becomes more powerful and enables users to be more productive from their mobile devices. Keep reading to find out how you can get all the great new features on your tablet.
Disclaimer: Even though this is an official update, there are still some risks involved when manually flashing new firmware. Please take heed of all precautions and be sure you understand the process fully before starting.
Firmware Features :
Probably the most notable and sought after feature of this update is that users will now be able to root their Galaxy Tab 2. Previously this was unattainable for most users with conventional means. You will now have access to a whole new world of applications, along with the latest and greatest that Jelly Bean has to offer.
Firmware Details :
If your tablet came from either China or Hong Kong then please do not try to install this firmware. It will work with all other countries.
Backup and Other Precautions :
It is imperative to backup all data before beginning.
Backup your contacts to Gmail or export to your SD card.
Make sure that all other important data is either synced to the cloud or on your SD card for later retrieval, including SMS and call logs.
Note your wireless access point information to save time later. If possible take advantage of Samsung Kies as they offer you a robust set of backup options which are far easier than manual methods.
Make sure your battery is fully charged or at least 85% as a power loss during this process can brick your device.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5110)
Now we are going to take you step by step through the entire process. There will be a few downloads with links provided. We recommend that you read through the guide and understand each step before beginning.
Remember please that this guide is only for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 models which are not from Hong Kong or China. We cannot guarantee this ROM will not work on any other devices. All downloads are property of the respective developers.
Superuser permissions will be lost during the upgrade.
Let us get started…
- If you have not done so already, download and install the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 USB Drivers
- Download Android 4.1.1 P5110ZSCLK5 for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to your computer. This is a zip file so we want to extract everything to an easy to find location.
- Download ODIN v1.85 software to your computer as it will help with the update process.
- Power down your Galaxy tablet.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button along with the power button until you see an Android with a hardhat and a triangle. Press the power button again and you will go into Download Mode.
- Open the ODIN software on your computer, and connect your device via USB cable.
- If the connection is successful, you will see one of the ID:COM boxes change color to yellow with a port number listed. This might take a few minutes.
- The next steps involve files extracted in step 2.
- Select PDA and choose the file that has CODE in the name.
- Select PHONE and choose the file with MODEM in its name. If you do not have this file then ignore this step.
- Select CSC then select the file with CSC in the name. If you do not have this file then ignore this step.
- Select PIT and choose the .pit file. If you do not have this file then ignore this step.
- Back at your computer go into the ODIN software and check both the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Only select the re-partition options if you had the .pit file from the extraction in step 2.
- Click start in ODIN and the installation will start. Your device will reboot by itself, and might take up to five minutes to boot on your first time.
That is all there is to it. Go into your settings and check the About Phone section to verify that your upgrade was successful. Enjoy!