If you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) then there is a good news for you as now you can update your device to Android 4.2.2 through CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware. Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) is the 10 inch version of the Tab 2 tablets launched by the company. The PLS TFT capacitive touch screen display of the tablet is made of Corning Gorilla Glass and supports 16M colors and pixel resolution of 800 X 1280 that delivers impressive quality of content. The device is powered by dual Core 1 GHz of Cortex A9 processor and features 1 GB of RAM. It comes in internal memory options of 16 and 32GB along with micorSD card slot that supports expansion by up to 32GB. The Li-Po 7000 mAh battery of the device is capable of providing talk time of around 10 hours and standby time of 2000 hours. Additional features of the tablet include TouchWiz UX UI, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0, 3.15MP rear camera, VGA front camera, multi-format music player, video player, compass, gyro sensor, accelerometer sensor, push email facility, TV Out, HTML and Adobe Flash Player Browser, GPS with AGPS and GLONASS and others.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
This latest firmware update by CyanogenMod 10.1 team is stable, fast and almost perfect. It is capable of delivering the pure experience of Android and that too with minimal bugs and the issues which are hardly noticeable. The latest firmware update will also bring in wide array of Jelly Bean features which will be based on the original release of Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Since this latest firmware update is nightly build, one should be aware of the fact that after the installation of the firmware the Android device can be affected with problems like boot loops, FC errors, other bugs, crash of applications and in worst case the phone may not even boot. In case if you face any of the above problem, you will have to re-install the stock firmware or other type of stable custom ROM.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100)
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 2: In the second step, use the original USB cable to make the connection and mount the USB mass storage of your tablet on computer.
Step 3: Then the downloaded Android 4.2.2 ROM zip and zip files of Google Apps are copied and pasted on the SD card. While copying the files, you should make sure that they are in the SD card root and are not present in any other folder.
Step 4: Then the tablet is turned off and its USB cable is disconnected from the computer.
Step 5: Then the next step is to come to the recovery Mode for which you will have to switch ON the tablet and then press and hold the Volume Down and the button of Power together at the same time till the device boots to the CWM recovery.
Step 6: Then in the ClcokworkMod recovery, full data wipe is performed first and then you have to move down to the “flash zip from SD card” and Power button is pressed to make its selection.
Step 7: Then again press the button of Power and click on the option of “Choose zip from SD card.”
Step 8: The next step is to make use of the keys of volume and make navigation to the zip file of Android 4.2.2 ROM which is earlier being copied to the SD card and make the selection of the file by clicking the Power button. Then on the next screen make the confirmation of the installation after which the process of installation will start.
NOTE: At this point repeat the step from 1 to 8 in order to make the installation of the Google Apps zip file.
Step 9: Once the installation process of ROM and Google Apps is completed, you will have to go to the “+++++Go Back” and the tablet is rebooted by selecting the option of “reboot system now” which is present in the menu of recovery. Then your Samsung tablet will reboot and the first boot might take some time so wait till then and do not interrupt in the process.
So finally after competing these 9 steps, you will be successful in updating your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) to Android 4.2.2 via CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware. If you wish to confirm the update, you can go to the Setting and there click the option of About Tablet in order to verify. The update will enable you to enjoy wide array of additional features so as to give you an enhanced tablet experience.