If you have come looking for a place on how to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini(I8190) with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware (UAAMA1), then you are just in the right place. The latest Jelly Bean firmware will allow mobile users to experience multi-view; also known as multi-windows, to multitask just like with the Galaxy Note 2. Notification panels can be customized and have the brightness slider disabled directly with it. The continues input of the Samsung keyboard will allow users to experience the similar swipe feel of the Android 4.2 keyboard. As for new applications, the new update will bring in Page Buddy, New Gallery app, Paper Artist app and the Group Cast app. You don’t have to have a rooted phone or ClockworkMod recovery to accomplish the installation of this software since you and I will be using ODIN with the complete tutorial below.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (UAAMA1)
Android Version 4.1.2
Release Date: February 2013
Regions: United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Hungary, Germany, France, Belgium, and Austria
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
If you think you have already done everything, then let’s proceed with the actual tutorial on how to update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190) with Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (UAAMA1).
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (UAAMA1) on Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190)
Step by Step Tutorial :-
Step 1: Extract the .zip file to your computer from Android 4.1.2 I8190UAAMA1 Download for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
Step 2: Download and install ODIN v3.07 first to help you install Android 4.1.2 on your phone.
Step 3: Turn off your phone and go to the download mode by simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume Down and Home buttons together. Press again the Power button and you will see the Android robot and a triangle. That indicates permission for download. Press the Power button again to confirm that you want to go into Download Mode.
Step 4: The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini USB drivers should be successfully installed into your computer.
Step 5: Connect your phone to your computer while it is still in the Download Mode. Open ODIN that you have downloaded in your PC.
Step 6: When the phone is successfully connected, one of those ID COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This process takes time because you have to make a stable connection and have the right drivers installed.
Step 7: Select which of the files you want to install on your phone. You can find these files from the extracted from Android 4.1.2 I8190UAAMA1 Download in Step 1.
- Click on PDA. Select the file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on Phone. Select the file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. If no file like this exists, just skip this step.
- Click on CSC. Select the file with CSC’ in its name. If no file like this exists, just skip this step.
- Click on PIT. Select the .pit file. If no file like this exists, just skip this step.
Step 8 : Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. You will see a Re-Partition option also but only check it you have chosen a .PIT file from Step 7.
Step 9 : Click the START button in ODIN. The installation process will then start and might take a few minutes to finish. Make sure your phone is fully charged to avoid interruptions.
Step 10 : After the firmware installation is finished, your phone will automatically restart to apply the new settings. When you already see the Home screen of your phone, you can now unplug it from your computer.
Step 11: Go to your phone Settings. Then go to About Phone to verify the installation.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini on I8190 with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. You may use your phone with its new settings and enjoy the features you have read earlier that comes with the installation.