Updating your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is now possible with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. The official firmware for the Galaxy S3 Mini is the DXALL7 that is specifically applicable to update the Samsung I8190 to optimize the performance of the device. Many users of the I8190 are able to update their units in Singapore and they are now ready to receive the OTA update. While the DXALL7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware can be downloaded via the Samsung KIES on your computer, you can still follow this step by step tutorial to do the update manually on your device. Make sure that you are able to follow the steps of the tutorial accurately and be mindful in taking the steps of protecting your files by backing them up.
The best benefit of making the update on your Galaxy S3 Mini is that the firmware will fix all the issues on your device such as the forced shut down that happens when running some applications on the device. Many users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini who play Temple Run 2.0 on the device frequently experience crashes of the application. The update for DXALL7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware will enhance the performance of your Galaxy S3 that will optimize its functionality for better high grade quality mobile experience.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The DXALL7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is available in PDA I8190NDXALL7 and in CSC: I8190NNOLBALL7. The version of Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 was released on January 6, 2013.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (DXALL7) on Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190)
- Download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (DXALL7) for Samsung I8190 on your computer . A zip file will appear after the firmware is successfully downloaded. Extract the file.
- Download ODIN v1.85. You will need this in order to install the Android 4.1.2. firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Take your device in a download mode by turning it off, hold the volume up button followed by the power button. Wait until the Android iconic robot with a triangle to show up on the screen. Press the power button to verify and confirm that you were able to successfully bring the device on the download mode.
- Check if Galaxy S3 Mini USB driver is running on your computer.
- Open ODIN on your computer.
- While on the download mode, you should connect the device to the computer. A successful connection will be confirmed once the COM port number ID:COM will light into yellow color. The process may take a while so you should be patiently wait until the light turns.
- From the extracted file on step 1, open the specific files you want to download
- From ODIN, check the auto reboot and F. reset options as provided. You don’t have to check the re-partition option if you did not choose the .PIT file from the extracted file on Step 1.
- Launch the installtion process by clicking on the start biutton in ODIN. The download will start to commence. Wait until the firmware is fully downloaded and completely installed on your device.
- Your device will restart the moment that the firmware was successfully installed. You may now unplug the device from your computer.
Enjoy using your empowered Galaxy S3 Mini with its updated firmware. The Android DXALL7 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will give your device a boost in its performance and improved functionality with this system update. The tutorial process is easy but always make sure to follow the instructions carefully and take note of the precautions you need to take while doing this tutorial.