If you have been waiting for an update for your S3 mini then your wait is finally over. The XXALK4 official firmware for Android 4.1.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 is finally out and one can easily update their devices using the tutorials below. The update is available over the air as well but this tutorial is for those who love to do it manually. The best part is one does require rooting their phones or installing Clockwork Mod recovery for it.
WARNING: Remember to backup all your data and files before you begin with the tutorial to be on the safer side. Moreover, any kind of firmware, app, tool or files used in the tutorial below are tested and we do not take any responsibility of any consequences faced because of it.
- During the tutorial you will be required to connect your phone to your system. So, ensure that you have the latest USB drivers for it.
- Before you install the new firmware, make sure you backup all your data to be on a safer side that includes your sms, contacts, APN settings, Google and Gmail data etc. One can use Samsung Kies to do so. However, a manual backup is preferred as one gets more options and transferring between different manufacturers also become easy. In fact, if you have a custom recovery, then backup your device using it as it will create a complete image of your handset.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 80% battery so that it does go off while the installation is in process because if that happens your phone might go dead.
Note: Go through the tutorial very carefully twice before beginning the process. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. Do not try it on any other device. Moreover, since XXALK4 is an official update, you will again have to root your device after updating the firmware.
How to install Android 4.1.1 Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (I8190)
- Download the android 4.1.1 XXALK4 firmware package for your S3 mini on your system and extract it. Click here to download.
- You need ODIN v1.85 to install the firmware on your device. Click here to download.
- Reboot your phone in the download mode. (Hold the volume down and home button simultaneously and then press the power button until the android symbol appears on your device. Once it does, again press the power button to start the download mode.)
- Launch ODIN on your system. Connect your handset to the system in the download mode itself.
- The ID: COM box will turn yellow as soon as your system recognizes your phone. This may take a minute or so.
- Next, you need to select the files that you want to install on your device from the files extracted in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and choose the file that has ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and choose the file that has ‘MODEM’ in its name. If there is no such file then move on to the next step, without worrying.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and choose the file that has CSC’ in its name. If there is no such file then move on to the next step, without worrying.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and choose the file .pit. If there is no such file then move on to the next step, without worrying.
- Make sure you have selected the Auto reboot and f.reset time options in ODIN, if you have selected the .pit file in ODIN above then check the re-partition option as well.
- Press the start button. The process will take a few minutes and your phone will reboot automatically on completion.
- Disconnect your phone when the home screen appears and now your phone is running on android 4.1.1. You can check in the settings menu.
After following all these above steps perfectly, you will find your Galaxy S3 Mini running on Android 4.1.1 Stock Firmware !