Owners of the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 has an official update coming from Samsung for them. Now Samsung usually provides updates over the air or can be obtained through the Samsung Kies but some people prefer to do it manually. For these people we have prepared a guide that will help walk you through the process. This firmware (I8190XXALL2) is a completely unbranded firmware which can be installed on any Galaxy S3 Mini with no headaches. Follow this tutorial and you will be upgraded to XXALL2 Android 4.1.1 in no time. Just be sure to follow all of our precautions as they are put there to prevent any disasters.
Disclaimer: Doing a manual upgrade always has a slightly elevated risk factor compared to over the air updates. Please be careful and know that you are responsible for what happens to your device.
Android 4.1.1 XXALL2 Firmware Features :-
Upgrading your phone to the latest official firmware will bring new life to your device. Experience an enhanced user interface with more intuitive functions. You will also get access to apps previously unavailable on the old firmware so check the Play Store if there was a game that you could not get on your phone before.
Android 4.1.1 XXALL2 Firmware Details
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom.
Backup and Other Precautions :
Even though this is an official build it is imperative that you backup all data from the internal memory of your device. Samsung Kies allows you to backup your data through a simple process. We prefer manual backup as it is far easier to transfer your data to any device from any manufacturer.
- Sync your contacts to Gmail or export to SD card.
- Note down all important access point information ( wifi hotspots )
- Back up data from any app that is not stored to the cloud or your SD card.
- If you have ClockWorkMod or another custom recovery use that as it will backup the entire image of your phones existing set up in case you need to revert back.
- Fully charge your device, or at least to 85%.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
Once you have taken all the necessary precautions you can begin the update process. There will be a few downloads, and the links will be provided for you.
Remember please that doing a manual upgrade is done at your own risk. The download links are the property of their respective owners/developers and neither us nor them are responsible for what happens to your device.
Root Warning: This is an official update so if you have superuser permissions they will be lost during the install process. You will then have to root your phone again to get your root apps to function.
Steps to Install :-
- Download and install the Galaxy S3 Mini USB drivers if you have not already done so.
- Download the Android 4.1.1 I8190XXALL2 for the Galaxy S3 Mini onto your computer and extract all the files.
- Download ODIN v1.85 that will help you in installing the firmware onto your device.
- Power down your device and reboot into download mode. This is done by pressing and holding the volume down and home buttons then holding the power key until you see a construction Android and a triangle. Then press power again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
- Open ODIN on your computer then connect your phone via USB cable. If done correctly you will see one of the ID:COM boxes turn yellow with a port number listed. Note that this can take a few moments.
Select the files that we are going to install onto your device. These are the extracted files from step 2.
- Click PDA and choose the file with CODE in its name.
- Click Phone and choose the file with MODEM in the name. Ignore this if you do not have that file.
- Click CSC and pick the file with CSC in the name. Ignore this if you do not have that file.
- Click on PIT and choose the .pit file. Ignore this if you do not have that file.
In ODIN check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Do not check the re-partition option unless you have the .pit file.
Click on the Start button in ODIN. The installation process will now begin and your device will restart once completed. Please note that this can take up to five minutes the first time booting a new ROM so please be patient.
That’s all there is to it. Now explore your newly updated device and check out all the great new features.