Good news for Samsung users in the United Kingdom! The South Korean giant technology manufacturer has recently publicized the circulation of its latest Jelly Bean firmware, Android 4.1.2 XXEMB1 for Galaxy S3. This will serve as their Smartphone pride created to keep its lead as Russia’s flagship provider.The latest android firmware is already available either over Samsung KIES specifically for Russian clients or in (OTA) Over-the-Air update. However, Samsung manufacturers are also considering residents outside of Russia like in European countries. They can also download and install the same firmware manually and go by the step wise manual in this article.
Take note that before you start installing the firmware you will need the downloaded ODIN flash tool. The downloadable firmware is no longer authentic, so it will also work on any unlocked S3 I9300 – but not compatible wit hbuilds intended for other Asian countries. Before updating, make sure if you got the correct USB driver and proper installation of the cable linking your phone to the computer has been doubled checked. You need to back up all the important files and settings on your device by using recovery tools like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP. Ensure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled and the phone battery has at least 85% capacity to avoid unwanted shutdown while the installation process is running.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Features of Android 4.1.2 XXEMB2 Official Firmware :-
- It has a new Gallery App like in Samsung Note II
- It’s marked Android 4.1.2-JZO54K
- It has Page Buddy feature
- It has Multi-Windows Multitasking Facility or Multi-View
- You can disable its brightness for the slider in the Notification Panel
- You can customize the Notification Panel
- The Smart Rotation or Screen Display is adjustable according to your desired angle
- It has Paper Artist App and group Cast App
- It can be controlled and monitored by inputting commands through its new Android 4.2 keyboard
Firmware Details :-
Official Android 4.1.2 (XXEMB2)
PDA Series: I9300XXEMB2
CSC Code: I9300OXEEMB1
Version Classification: 4.1.2
Schedule of Disclosure: 2013 February
Authorized Regions: Austria, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Hungary, United Kingdom and Spain
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXEMB2) on Galaxy S3 (I9300)
Now, begin updating your phone using these step-by-step guidelines. Be careful not to miss any step and review the precautions stated above to be certain that interruptions will not happen that can delay the process or disable the phone for the desired update:
- Downloadable link forAndroid 4.1.2 (XXEMB2) Firmware: Click here
- Downloadable link for ODIN (v1.85): Click here
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 XXEMB2 firmware on the laptop, keep the extracted zip files in a separate folder.
Step 2: Download ODIN v1.85 from the link provided and must be extracted into zip files
Step 3: Turn off your mobile phone and set it on Download Mode. You should do this, than press and keep both the Home buttons and Volume down then press Power button until the Android logo shows up on screen. Pat the Power button once more to set it in Download mode.
Step 4: Open ODIN on the laptop and link your cell phone to it – when the phone is on Download Mode yet. Verify this by waiting for a little while after the logo has been flashed on the screen.
Step 5: After both are linked together successfully, you will notice that one of the ID: COM boxes appear in yellow colour together with COM port number. The process will run a little more time. You must allow the process continue and avoid unnecessary disruptions.
Step 6: Now choose your preferences amid the derived files from step 1.
- You can click the ‘PDA’ checkbox then opt for the file name“tar.md5”
- Choose the ‘Phone’ checkbox and click ‘MODEM’ file name if it is available in the zipped file. If it’s not in there, it’s not that significant.
- If the ‘CSC’ checkbox with ‘CSC’ file name is available, you can click on it to include it on the list.
- If ‘PIT’ file is present click on the ‘.pi file’ but if not don’t pay attention to its absence. It will be provided if needed by the system.
Step 7: Go back to ODIN; empower the Auto reboot & F. Reset time options. If in case you want to do a reassignment of file, click the Re-Partition menu option but you can only do this if you have chosen a PIT file from step #6. If for some reason you did not find it earlier, no need to find the Re-Partition channel because its existence won’t be possible if that’s the case.
Step 8: To begin the installation process of the firmware, click Start button in ODIN. Wait for some time to end up the process.
Step 9: After the updating is successfully completed, the mobile device will automatically reboot. Wait until the home screen appears before unplugging the USB. You can safely unhook the phone from the laptop when the screen on default settles in.
Step 10: Register the update done with your provider to reclaim any warranty that has been put on void due to the manual firmware updating done. However, for most users, this step is not anymore relevant when few or more re-engineering were already facilitated into the phone.
So there you go – Samsung Galaxy S3 now has Android 4.1.2 XXEMB2 firmware officially running on it. Visit the phone’s Settings under About Phone Options to confirm if the new version was installed successfully. Click “Go back” if the newly installed firmware can’t be found on its root independently. Reboot the Galaxy S3 (19300) one more time – but see to it that it is set to Normal mode. You will finally be able to make use of the enhanced features elaborated above as provided by this new firmware update when the proper rooting has been observed. This is only possible when you follow the instructions with caution. Remember that you are doing this on your own accord – and only you can take responsibility when errors do occur.