Samsung had pushed android 4.1.1 update for its AT&T handset this Tuesday and is now rolling out the android 4.1.2 update for the international version of Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 ( while the Verizon owners are still waiting for the 4.1.1 update) . The Galaxy S3 is company’s flagship phone this year so the company is focusing on updating the device to the latest version of android at the earliest.
One might not be able to upgrade their phones to jelly bean 4.1.2 straight away because the company is rolling out the update in phases but the update will soon be available in your country or network provider. At the moment, the new firmware update is only available in Poland. The new firmware will add a host of new features to your Galaxy S3 some of which are common with Galaxy Note 2. A few major enhancements include multi-window multitasking, an all-new gallery application, better notification panel that can be customized according to one’s personal need, swipe keyboard, page buddy, group cast app, smarter rotation and many more.
If one is not patient enough to wait for over the air update then they can install a custom ROM that are based on the 4.2 jelly bean update. Below is a small tutorial that helps install Ultima ROM on your device.
- Take a complete backup of all your data.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your handset. To enable USB debugging, navigate to Settings/ Applications/ Development/ check the USB debugging option.
- Root your device and install the Clockwork Mod recovery.
- WARNING: This is a custom ROM and flashing it will void your warranty. We don’t hold any liability of any consequences faced during the process. Follow it on your own risk.
How to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)
- You need to download the firmware package. Click here.
- With the help of a USB cable, connect your phone to your system and the transfer the downloaded package to the SD card.
- Restart your phone and boot in recovery mode. (To enable the recovery mode, simultaneously press the volume up, down and power button )
- When you are able to access the Clockwork Mod recovery, you need to wipe all your data from the device.
- Then navigate to install zip from SD card. When it prompts you to choose zip from SD card you need to select the firmware you downloaded in step 1 and start the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, your phone will automatically restart and your phone is running on custom firmware.
Now, your Galaxy S3 is ready to run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean platform !