The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMB5 Firmware is officially made available by Samsung for the users of LTE version of the Galaxy S3 4G handset that comes with model number I9305. This update has been made available to the Teleport subscribers in the Norway while the other people in the supported regions can use Samsung Kies in order to download the update.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The latest firmware update comes with PDA I9305XXBMB5 and CSC I9305TENBMB1. The built date of the firmware is February 2013 and it will provide the update version of Android 4.1.2. This latest Android firmware can be considered as a maintenance update with bug fixing as well.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (XXBMB5) on Galaxy S3 4G LTE (I9305)
If you wish to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 with the latest update then you can make use of the following step by step guide that comes with all the instructions.
Step by Step Guide :-
2nd Step: Now your handset needs to be entered into the Download Mode for which you can press the keys of Home, Volume Down and Power together for some time till the logo of the Samsung appears on the display of the phone.
3rd Step: Now on your PC, you will have to open the Odin3 v3.07.exe with the administrator rights.
4th Step: Now in this next step, you will need a USB cable so as to connect your handset to the computer. If you are able to successfully connect your phone to your computer then there will be a message stating “Added” that will appear under the message box of ODIN and moreover the COM port number will appear in Yellow color.
5th Step: Now in this next step of the procedure, you will need to make the selection of the following files that have been extracted from the firmware folder so that they can be installed on your handset.
- The .tar file having Code in the name is selected by clicking on PDA.
- The file with Modem in the name is selected by clicking on the key of Phone.
- The file with CSC in the name is selected by clicking on the button of CSC.
- The .pit file is selected by clicking on PIT.
[If the files in b, c, d steps do not exist then simply leave it]
6th Step: Now the options of Auto Reboot and F.Reset are selected in the Odin Window and in case if .pit file is selected then option of Re-Partition is also selected.
7th step: Now in order to start the flashing process, the key of Start present in the Odin is selected.
8th step: When the process of installation gets completed then your handset will automatically reboot and you will also get the message saying “Pass” that will appear in the green colored background in the top left most box. Now you can unplug the USB and disconnect your phone from the computer.
Thus with the completion of above given steps you will be able to successfully update your Galaxy S3 4G LTE I9305 with the XXBMB5 Android 4.1.2 Firmware. In order to confirm the software version you can go the option of About Phone present in the Settings.