The Korean company just recently gave an upgrade to their Samsung Galaxy S3 4G which mobile users can now enjoy the fast performance of an Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on their mobile phone. Getting this latest Android firmware on your device is a must in order to provide you a faster and more efficient performance from your Galaxy S3. Many mobile users have been looking forward to this update and now it is within their hands to do so. The 4G version of the GS3 is now endowed with the privilege of housing the latest Android DVBMA2 Jelly Bean firmware update. As Samsung keeps the ball rolling on updating their firmware, you should get started on updating your own S3 in 4G device to the latest Jelly Bean with this tutorial.
Disclaimer :- While we are doing our best to provide you on how to do the update on your own device, it is not within our control on how the firmware and its tools would perform as you use them on your mobile unit. Any outcome from the update of the software, firmware and tools that you use cannot in any way make us responsible for any resulting damage to your device. You submit yourself to do this tutorial at your own volition and willingness without any coercion on our part.
Back Up & Other Precautions :-
Before you start upgrading your mobile device, make sure to upgrade all the files that are stored in it. This will ensure that your files are safe in case something goes wrong and all your files will be deleted from your mobile unit. There is no guarantee that everything will go well as you go along with this tutorial so always be on the safe side. There are many free applications from the Android market that could do the job for you in few simple steps.
To back up your Android applications, try using the AirDroid app which is free in order to wirelessly backup your files from your phone using a personal computer. The process involves a simple process to follow. The SMS Backup and Restore application can help you save your SMS messages. All the files that are backup using the application is saved in the XML format which is stored safely on your SD card. This can be converted into another format to view them using the computer. You can use the Google Sync feature to backup your Gmail, Google documents and contacts.
Call Logs Backup & Restore can keep a copy of your call logs and restores them to your mobile device again when you want it to. It is a free application therefore you should take advantage of its convenient feature. Samsung on the hand provides its subscribers with a simple back up data application through the Samsung KIES. You can manually backup your phone data and save it in your computer.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (DVBMA2) on Galaxy S3 4G (I9305T)
We try to make the step-by-step process simplified as much as possible. Make sure to read the instruction very carefully and that you completely understand each step before performing them on your mobile phone.
Remember Please :- Before you proceed with this tutorial, please be reminded that this guide is exclusive only for Galaxy S3 4G I9305T. Do not attempt to do the procedure on other phone models. Again, make sure that all your data are properly backup as you proceed.
Rooting Warning :- As you already know, we are making the Android 4.1.2 update on DVBMA2 Jelly Bean for the I9305T Galaxy S3. Installing the update will cause you to lose the root app. You will be required to re-install the root application again after the update in order to access the full system.
Complete Step by Step Guide :-
- To extract the zip file, you need to download the Android 4.1.2 I9305TDVBMA2 on your computer. Visit here to get the download link.
- Download the ODIN v1.85 here. This will help you install the Android 4.1.2 on your GS3 I9305T.
- Turn your phone off. Press and hold the volume down together with the home button. Then press the power button. This step will show you the construction Android bot and a triangle. Push the power once again and it will take you to the phone’s download mode.
- Your device’s USB driver should be installed on your PC. Then open ODIN directly from your computer and then connect the device while it is in the download mode.
- You will know that your device was properly connected when you see that the ID:COM boxes will light as yellow in color with the port number of the COM. Be patient in waiting as it may take a while for the COM boxes to turn yellow.
- Select the files you want to install on your phone from the zip file you extracted from step 1. Ignore this step if there is no file that you want to download on your phone.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in ODIN. If you have selected the .PIT file then you should also check the re-partition option.
- Click the start button in ODIN in order to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is finished, the device will restart. Wait until the home screen is shown on the device and then disconnect it from the computer.
Being able to update your device through this tutorial will help you optimize your Samsung S3 experience on 4G. The Android Jelly Bean update is the latest high performing OS on Android phone that is a must-have on any Android supported mobiles.