The Android 4.1.2 XXAMB1 official jelly bean firmware is made available for the users of Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus having model number I9105P. This latest update is not a CWM recovery flashable but an ODIN flashable firmware that provides maintenance and bug fixing. Before you start the process of installation, make sure to take a back up of all your needed data so that if something goes wrong you do not lose your data.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The XXAMB1 Android Jelly Bean firmware comes with PDA I9105XXAMB1 and CSC I9105OJVAMA1. The firmware will update the handset to Android 4.1.2 version and is available from February 2013 in the regions of Middle East.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXAMB1) on Galaxy S2 Plus (I9105P)
For your convenience we are presenting step by step instructions that will help you to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus smartphone to XXAMB1 Android 4.1.2 firmware.
Step By step Guide :-
Step 1: The very first thing that you have to do is to download as well as extract the Android I9105XXAMB1 zip file on your PC.
Step 2: Now next you will need to download the ODIN v1.85 that will enable you to install the Android Jelly bean on your computer.
Step 3: Now you have to switch off your smartphone and then take it to the Download Mode for which you have to press the keys of Home, Power and Volume Down for few seconds till the triangle and construction Android Robot appears. Now press the button of Power again so as to enter in the mode of Download. Before going in for the next step also make sure that USB drivers for your smartphone are installed on your PC.
Step 4: Now you will need to open the ODIN as an Administrator and then connect your Galaxy S2 Plus to your PC with the help of a USB cable. On successful connection, one of the boxes of ID:COM will have the COM port number in yellow color.
Step 5:Now comes the next step in which you will need to make the selection of the following given files that are to be installed on your handset. You can find these files from the ones that are extracted in the 1st step of the process.
- The file having CODE in the name is selected by tapping on the PDA
- The file having MODEM in the name is selected by tapping on Phone.
- The file having CSC in the name is selected by tapping on CSC.
- The .pit file is selected from tapping on the PIT.
[If there is no files as mentioned in b, c and d then simply ignore those steps]
Step 6: Now the check box of F.Reset and the box of Auto Reboot that are present in the ODIN are selected and the check box of Re-Partition is selected only when .pit file is selected in the previous given step.
Step 7: Now the key of Start in the ODIN is pressed so as to start the procedure of the installation and keep patience as this might take some time.
Step 8: Once the installation procedure gets completed your handset will restart and on seeing the home screen you can take off the USB cable to disconnect the phone from the PC.
So with the completion of the above given steps, you will be successful in updating your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus smartphone with the latest XXAMB1 firmware update. You can go to the option of About Phone in settings in order to verify the version of the OS.