The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update in XXAMA2 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. The firmware is now available in Europe and it is highly recommended that you install the update in order to improve the performance of your Smartphone. The firmware XXAMA2 provides better enhancements on the Galaxy S2 with bug fixes. This tutorial will help you learn the step by step process in updating your l9105P to the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware but keep in mind to back up all your phone data before you proceed with the tutorial. This will ensure that you will keep a copy of the valuable data stored on your device in case you lose them while performing the steps provided in the tutorial.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
To back up your data, you can use the Android AirDroid application to manage your phone data on a computer wirelessly through an internet browser. The process is simple and will not take much of your time. In the tutorial, you will need to connect your device to the computer hence you will need the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus USB drivers to do this. You can back up your Smartphone and download the USB drive for Galaxy S2 through Samsung KIES. If you haven’t downloaded KIES on your computer, you can do that here. Always take the precaution in following the tutorial process to make a successful update. The XXAMA2 firmware update on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will upgrade the Galaxy S2 Plus model only so make sure that you have the proper Samsung model for this update.
Firmware Details :-
The XXAMA2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware comes with PDA l9105PXXAMA2 and CSC l9105POXXAMA1. Android officially released it on January 28, 2013. It is currently available within the European regions.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXAMA2) on Galaxy S2 Plus (I9105P)
Before proceeding to the tutorial steps, check again that you have the correct Smartphone model and you have successfully backed up your phone data. Make sure that you have already downloaded the USB driver for l9105P on your computer and that your battery life is sufficient to complete the download process. Read each step carefully before proceeding and make sure that you understand them before proceeding in performing the tutorial guide.
- Download the XXAMA2 4.1.2 Jelly Bean l9105P on your computer.
- Make sure to extract the zip file that comes with the download. Store the files on a folder where you can easily find them.
- Download ODIN v1.85 on your computer. This is needed in order to install the XXAMA2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus l9105P.
- Turn your mobile off. Press the volume down button and home button. While holding them together press the power button. This will take your mobile into a download mode where a construction icon showing the Android robot with a triangle will show up on the screen. Press the power button again to make sure that your Smartphone is on the download mode.
- Check again if the USB driver for Samsung l9105P was properly installed on your computer.
- Open ODIN then connect the device to your computer while it is on a download mode.
- Check the ID:COM box and the COM port number if it turns yellow to confirm that your device is properly connected to the computer. Wait for a while to see this result.
- Go to the folder containing the files that you have extracted in step 2. Select the file or files you want to install on your computer following these steps:
- Click ‘PDA’ then select the file name ‘CODE’
- Click on ‘Phone’ then select the file name “MODEM.’ This file may not be present on the extracted file and you may skip this step.
- Click on ‘CSC’ then select the file name “CSC.’ This file may not be present on the extracted file and you may skip this step.
- Click on ‘PIT’ then select the file name “.pit.’ This file may not be present on the extracted file and you may skip this step.
- Go to ODIN and enable the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes. If you have selected the .pit file in step 8 you should also enable the Re-Partition option in ODIN.
- To proceed with the installation process click the Start button in ODIN. It will take a few minutes in order to successfully install the firmware on your device.
- You will know that the installation is complete once your device will restart. The home screen will then show up and you may now disconnect the device from the computer.
Now that you have successfully downloaded the latest update on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus you will be at the liberty of experiencing enhancements on the performance of your device. The XXAMA2 firmare update on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for the Samsung l9105P will give its users a smoother experience when using the mobile phone. There will be more fluidity on the transition from one application to another when using the S2 Plus, giving you a more pleasurable experience using your Smartphone’s smoother interface. Just make sure that you follow each step accurately and carefully when using this tutorial to ensure the safe and successful update on your Smartphone.