If you want to enjoy better enhancements on your Samsung Galaxy S2 l9100, then updating its firmware is the best thing that you can do. With the official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware update available on XWLSE, you certainly have the opportunity to improve bug fixes with additional enhanced features for your device. The l9100 XWLSE KIES update is now available but if you want to manually update your device to the latest firmware upgrade you can follow this step-by-step tutorial. The update in this tutorial will be through ODIN. Make sure that your cellular data is completely backup before you start performing the steps provided in this tutorial.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
If you have installed the latest firmware update on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Samsung Galaxy S2, your mobile device will enjoy some enhancements on its features like smoother performance with better stability and the availability of the S Cloud services of Samsung. Mobile users will also enjoy the better interface revamp on the device with lock screen and highly customization options. The widgets from Galaxy S III is also available in addition to the free 50 GB Dropbox storage. The device also comes with 2 home screen modes, Google Now, TouchWiz Nature UX, Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-Up Play and new notification bar and toggles.
Firmware Details :-
The XWLSE firmware update on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is available in PDA I9100XWLSE and CSC I9100OXELS6.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (XWLSE) on Galaxy S2 (I9100)
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 1: Download the XWLSE Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 l9100 to your computer.
Step 2: Download the ODIN v1.85 to your computer. You will need this to install the firmware update on your device.
Step 3: Press on the volume down button together with the home and power buttons to switch off your phone. The Android logo will appear on the screen displaying the Android robot with a triangle. Press on the power button to confirm that the device is on a download mode.
Step 4: Open ODIN and then connect the device to your computer while it is on the download mode.
Step 5: You can confirm that the device is connected to your computer when the ID:COM port turns into yellow.
Step 6: Open the files that you have downloaded in step 1. Open the following files:
- Go to the PDA button and then click on the CODE file name.
- Go to the Phone button and then click on the MODEM file name.
- Go to the CSC button and then click on the CSC file name.
- Go to the PIT button and then select the .pit file.
You can ignore the above steps if there are no such files found.
Step 7: Check the boxes for the “F. Reset” and “Auto Reboot” in ODIN. You should also click on the “Re-Partition” box if you have downloaded the .PIT file.
Step 8: To begin the installation process, click the start button in ODIN. This process may take a few minutes to complete successfully.
Step 9: The device will automatically restart once the installation of the firmware is successful. Wait for the home screen to turn on before you disconnect the device from the computer.
Step 10: Your Samsung GS2 is now updated in Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWSLE firmware.
You can now start to enjoy all the upgraded features on your Samsung Galaxy l9100 after installing this latest Android 4.1.2 firmware with the help of this tutorial.