The Android 4.0.4 Jelly Bean Firmware ZCAMB2 is officially rolled out for the users of Samsung Galaxy S Duos (S7562) phone. The users can download this update either through Samsung KIES or can do it manually through ODIN. Though this update was released in February 2013 for the handset users in China but other users will also be able to install it. Before going for the update it is always recommended to take the back up of all the data.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
- PDA: S7562ZCAMB2
- Date: February, 2013
- CSC: S7562CHNAMB2
- Regions: Taiwan, China and Hong Kong
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (ZCAMB2) on Galaxy S Duos (S7562)
For your convenience we are bringing the step by step guide that will help you to install the latest firmware on your Galaxy S7562 Smartphone. Before starting the installation process make sure that the drivers of your phone has been installed on your computer.
Step By Step Guide :-
Step 1: The very first step in the installation process is to download the Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware ZCAMB2 for your phone on your PC and then the zip file is extracted.
Step 2: Then in order to install this latest update on your handset you will need to download the ODIN v3.07
Step 3: In this step you will need to switch off the power of your Smartphone and then move to the Download mode which you can do by pressing as well as holding the keys of Home and Volume Up together for around few seconds and then pressing the key of Power till the logo of the Android comes on the screen and the handset vibrates. Now again press the button of Power so as to do the confirmation to enter in the download mode.
Step 4: Now in this next step you will have to open the ODIN on your computer and at the same time when the handset is in the download mode connect it to the PC.
Step 5: In case of successful connection of your Galaxy S Duos with the PC, the box of ID:COM present on the ODIN will change to yellow with COM port number.
Step 6: Now you will need to make the selection of the files that needs to be installed on the handset. These files are the ones that you have extracted in the 1st step of the process.
- The file with the “CODE” or “Home” in the name is selected by clicking on the “PDA”.
- The file with the “MODEM” in the name is selected by clicking on the “Phone”. If you do not find any such file, then just leave the step.
- The file with the “CSC” in the name is selected by clicking on the “CSC”. If you do not find any such file, then just leave the step.
- The .pit file from “PIT” is selected. If you do not find any such file, then just leave the step.
Step 7: Now again you will have to move to the window of ODIN and then check on the options of F.Reset and Auto Reboot. The Re-Partition option is to be selected only when you have selected the .PIT file.
Step 8: Start key that is present in the ODIN window is now pressed so as to start the procedure of the installation and this may take few minutes to get completed.
Step 9: On the completion of the installation process, the handset will restart and then seeing the home screen you can unplug it from the PC.
So finally after completing the above given steps you will be successful in updating your Samsung Galaxy S Duos to the Android ICS firmware. You can also check the version of the software on your handset by clicking on the option of About present in the Settings Menu.