The Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 users can now have an update for their handset with the launch of XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 ICS Official Firmware. The OTA updates have been already received by the users in the region of Vietnam and this latest firmware update can be used through the official software of Samsung KIES. For manual installation of the update, the step by step guide given in the following part of the article can be used. The update of XXAMB1 was released for the phone users in the region of Philippines in the month of February, 2013 and it can also be installed by the other users as well.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The XXAMB1 can be considered as a maintenance and bug fixing update and it is also an ODIN flashable firmware.
- Date of release of the firmware: February, 2013
- CSC : S7562OLBAMA3
- PDA : S7562XXAMB1
- Version: 4.0.4
- Regions : Belgium, Germany, Austria, UK , France, Italy, Spain and Hungary
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.0.4 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXAMB1) on Galaxy S Duos (S7562)
Step By Step Guide :-
In the following part of the article we will bring you the step by step guide for installing the Android ICS XXAMB1 update on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 phones.
Step 1: The first step is to extract the zip file of the firmware on your computer which will be available in .tar and other files as well.
Step 2: The next step is to extract the zip file of Odin that will enable you to have an installation of the Android ICS on your handset.
Step 3: Then switch off your handset .
Step 4: In the next step you will have to go to the download mode for which you will have to press the buttons of Volume Up and Home together and press Power. As soon as the handset starts vibrating, just leave the buttons and then press the Power again so as to confirm the download mode.
Step 5: Then be ensured that you have the USB drivers for the Galaxy S Duos installed on your PC.
Step 6: Now on your computer open the ODIN and also connect your handset to the computer with the help of USB cable when it is in the download mode.
Step 7: On successful connectivity, one of the boxes of ID: COM will turn in the yellow color with the COM port number. If this does not happen then you can try the other USB port or reinstall the driver. Some minutes may be taken in this process so please wait.
Step 8: In next step you will have to make the selection of the files that you will need to install or flash on your handset and these files can be found from the ones that are extracted in the 1st step of the guide.
- The PDA button is clicked and the file with “CODE” in its name is selected.
- The “Phone” is clicked and the file with the “MODEM” in its name is selected. (If no such file appears, then you can also leave it).
- Then “CSC” is clicked and the file with the “CSC” in its name is selected. ( Similar to previous one, if so such file is there, then just leave it)
- Then finally “PIT” is clicked and the file with .pit file is selected. ( If such file does not exist then simply leave the step)
Step 9: In the next step, the ODIN is checked for the options of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time. In case if you have selected the .PIT file in the previous step then option of Re-Partition is also checked.
Step 10: Then the button of Start is clicked in the ODIN which will lead to the procedure of installation that might take some minutes.
Step 11: Then finally, after the completion of the installation process, the handset will restart and then you can unplug your phone from the computer after seeing the home screen.
Thus following the above given step, you can update your Galaxy S Duos model with the XXAMB1 ICS update which you can verify by going to the Setting and then About Phone option.