Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE can now be updated with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware after just a month when the inscription of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean was rolled out. This can be done via KIES or OTA but you also have an option to do it manually using this N8020XXBMA3 procedure for Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020).
Disclaimer:- Note that these instructions were published as public service to readers who are keen in facilitating the manual update themselves at their own discretion. Liability on damages and repairs is not applicable to the organizers of this platform. The steps stated herein are reviewed carefully to help subscribers and unsuccessful updates can only happen due to carelessness or negligence in the part of the one performing the process.
Firmware Features :-
Note the following enhanced features after Galaxy Note 10.1 is updated with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Google Now will be launched just by holding and pressing the Home icon
- Project Butler will have noticeable increased performance in terms of UI speed and smoothness
- TouchWiz will be more sensitive
- Additional Notification Panel will show up
- S Note Widget and other new features will be helpful additions
- New Blocking Mode will be found under Settings
- Settings interface will be more user-friendly
- S Pen Features will be multiplied from Note 2
- YouTube client will be visible on Video Player
Backup files including personal settings, software and apps when doing modifications on your device as best practice. The backing up is crucial to this procedure because ODIN will be used that can possibly wipe out all data.
Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Firmware Details :-
PDA: (Build Code) N8020XXBMA3
CSC: (Sales Code) N8020XSABMA2
Version: (Android) 4.1.2
Date Rolled Out: January 14, 2013
Regions for Official Distribution: UK, Spain, Belgium, Austria, France, Italy, Hungary and Germany,
More Notes :-
Download the firmware to be downloaded which is the Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware especially created for for Note 10.1 N8020. Make sure to find downloadable software designated for the country that you are in. If for some reason your country is not yet supported, the unbranded Singapore and Sweden will be applicable.
Firmware Download Links :-
- 80% battery power is required to successfully do the update
- Galaxy Note 10.1 compatible USB Driver must be installed in the Personal Computer
- Debugging the USB is also essential for the update to work
Back Up List & Safety Measures :-
Recovering your file will be handy using the following:
- SMS, MMS and Call Log Backup for Entries or Restore App
- Default Android options for Contact and Settings backup
- External or Internal SD card is good for heavy files like Audio, Video and Visual Materials
- Usual backup path for MMS and APN Settings
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official Firmware (XXAMA1) on Galaxy Premier (I9260)
Check out possible options first over Kies or OTA but if both are not possible, get ready for the manual update by gathering the sources of the downloadable applications for the firmware (Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware) and the flashing tool which is ODIN – then follow the step by step procedure in this tutorial.
Be country-specific when searching for the firmware download online but if you cannot find the one for your country, use the unbranded firmware – with Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware, the Singapore or Sweden firmware is flexible. It should be manageable installing it using the tool called Odin flasher.
Please Remember :-
This firmware update will only work when applied to the right device model which is Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020). When in doubt, always double check the settings to determine the actual version of the device. Note that failure to do so can harm your equipment despite following the directions carefully.
Rooting Warning :-
Warranty on a rooted device will be lost. Reclaiming it is possible if there’s an application for firmware update officially. Root checker can verify the success of your update. It is downloadable for free from Google’s Play store.
Major Downloads and Comprehensive Step by Step Guide :-
- Download Android 4.1.2 N8020XXBMA3 Firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE 10.1 N8020: http://www.hotfile.com/dl/190260033/0024bb1/N8020XXBMA3_N8020XSABMA2_XSA.zip.html and Flashing Tool Odin 3.07: http://www.mediafire.com/?7v7zor9d379emeg
- Unzip the firmware using an extractor to get the relevant files and .tar record
- Unzip Odin to get Odin3 v3.07.exe together with other necessary files
- Stop the power of your equipment until it is totally off probably after around 5 minutes or so
- Convert the Galaxy Note 10.1 into Download Mode by pressing together Volume Down and Power Button until the device’s logo surfaces on screen that should not take a long time – just few seconds
- Setup Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator. It’s compulsory as a privilege to run the settings efficiently
- Affix the Galaxy Note with the PC by attaching the cable for USB. Wait for the “Added” message to flash on screen. If this does not show up, try changing ports or do driver reinstallation until it’s confirmed. Correct connection of both devices is evident through the existence of the yellowish COM pier number.
- Make the following settings in the firmware through the extracted N8020XXBMA3 folder :
- PDA Button must be set on Code on the .tar record
- Phone Button as well as name record should be on Modem but not necessarily selected if not offered
- CSC Button together with name record must show the CSC name if the option is given
- PIT Button and the name a .pit file should be customarily set as shown in the extraction folder – otherwise, don’t include if changes are obvious.
- In the Odin section, Auto Reboot and the F. Reset Time selections must be ticked off. Re-Partition should also be chosen that is customary when a .pit record is regulated
- Review all settings before finally igniting the Start Button to flash the system. The box on the left-most part should have the PASS inscription that looks like vague credentials. This will soon form into a Samsung identity logo as a confirmation of the successful updating process. Once this shows up clearly on screen, get ready to remove the USB wire that is linking the two devices.
Galaxy Note 10.1 can have problems after the booting process like getting stranded or hanging. Switch to liberation mode by pressing Volume Up and the Power buttons at the same time. Enable Wipe Data or Factory Reset prior to turning the Reboot Now function on. The Volume keys are the navigational tools for selecting options. The process of updating Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE 10.1, N8020 series with the newest firmware should not be that complicated. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build N8020XXBMA3 will definitely give it more enhancements compared to its recent predecessor.