If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100), now is the time to get an update on your device. Android just recently released its official Jelly Bean firmware on 4.1.2. (ZSDMB1) specifically to update the Samsung N7100. If you want to enjoy a better experience in using your Galaxy Note, an update will provide you some bug fixes and will upgrade the performance of your device. The ZSDMB1 on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean was initially available this month for an Over The Air (OTA) upgrade in Hong Kong but others can download the firmware for update through Samsung KIES or manually through their device with the help of this tutorial.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
With the update, your Galaxy Note 2 will get an overhaul on its performance with better user interface and smoother battery performance and stability. Other additional improvements on the firmware comes with the upgrade to make one experience more optimal use of the device panel, with multi-view, Page Buddy, small rotation, 2 home screen modes, Google Now, better Samsung Cloud services, and new widget features found in Samsung Galaxy III. One can also customize the notification panel of the Smartphone with an additional direct call, Pop-up Play and Smart Stay features.
Firmware Details :-
The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZSDMB1 version comes with a PDA of N7100ZSDMB1 and CSC of N7100OZSDMB1. The firmware update was made available in Hong Kong on February 2013.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- ll the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (ZSDMB1) on Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
Complete Step-by-Step Guide :-
- Download the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZSDMB1 .
- Extract the files from the downloaded firmware zip files and save it in a folder that would be accessible to you.
- Download ODIN 3.07 .
- Extract the ODIN zip files .
- Switch off your device.
- Set up the device on a download mode by pressing on the volume down and the home button together then press on the power button. You will see a warning that will appear on the screen. Press down the volume up to bring the device on download mode.
- Run the files on ODIN 3.07 that you downloaded earlier. Make sure that you are the administrator of the program for the better convenience of running the program without interruption.
- Using a USB cable, connect your Galaxy Note N7100 to your computer. You will know that your device is connected with ODIN upon the showing of the message “added” on the left side at the bottom of the screen. The COM port of the computer will light in yellow to indicate the successful connection of your device to the computer. If several attempts failed to connect your device, you should re-install the driver of your device to your computer.
- Open the extracted files in ODIN and perform the following actions:
- Click on the PDA button and choose the .tar file.
- Click on the Phone button and select the modem file.
- Click on the CSC button and select the CSC file
- Click the PIT button and select the .pitfile.
- Skip the steps when no such files are found from the extracted file.
- Check the auto reboot and F. Reset time boxes. Check the re-partition check box only if you downloaded the .pit file on step 9.
- Start the flashing process by pressing on the Start button.
- As soon as the flashing process is complete, your device will restart automatically. A PASS message will appear on the upper left of ODIN with a green background. You can now unplug the USB connection from the computer.
Once you have successfully updated your Samsung N7100, you can now enjoy better and improved performances from a Galaxy Note. You will have a smoother experience when using the device and it will help you optimize the use of your Samsung GN2. The update will give your device a boost on its performance capability with optimized features that will give you highly satisfying Smartphone experience. Just make sure that you followed the step-by-step instruction to ensure that you have successfully upgraded your device software. The Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZSDMB1 version is designed to bring newer and optimized features for an extraordinary Galaxy N2 experience.