The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has been rolled out through XXDMB5 firmware so that users can enjoy the improved benefits of the OS. This latest firmware is made available through Over the Air (OTA) update and the KIES as well and supports the Arabic language. Though officially, the firmware is launched for the Middle East Countries but the Galaxy N7100 Users residing in other European countries and UK can also install it manually.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The XXDMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is regular maintenance and big fixing update with following details:
- Version: 4.1.2
- PDA: N7100XXDMB5
- CSC: N7100OJVDMB1
- Date: February, 2013
- Supported Regions: Italy, Austria, France, Belgium, Germany, UK, Spain and Hungary.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXDMB5) on Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
Step By Step Guide :-
In the following part of the article we will guide you step by step to install the latest firmware update on your Galaxy Note N7100.
1st step: First of all, on your PC download the official firmware Android 4.1.2 N7100XXDMB5 for your device and extract the zip file from it.
2nd Step: Then in order to install the official firmware on your device you will need to download the ODIN v1.85.
3rd Step: Then switch off the power of your handset and go to the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Home and Volume Down keys together and after than Power button needs to be pressed until a red or yellow text on the screen or the logo of the Samsung appears.
4th Step: In this step you need to have the USB Driver for the phone installed on your PC. Now open the ODIN on your PC and while your handset is in the Download Mode, connect it to your computer.
5th Step: O n successful connectivity of the phone, one of the boxes of ID: COM will turn in the color of yellow with COM port number and this may take some time so wait for the same without interrupting.
6th Step: Now you will have to make the selection of the files that needs to be installed and flashed in your phone and you can find these files from the ones that were extracted in the 1st Step.
- The file having “ CODE” in the name is selected by clicking on the “ PDA”
- The file having “MODEM” in the name is selected by clicking on the “Phone”. If no such file exists, then just ignore this.
- The file having “CSC” in the name is selected by clicking on the “CSC”. If no such file exists, then just ignore this.
- The .pit file is selected by clicking on the “PIT”. If no such file exists, then just ignore this.
7th Step: Now the option of Auto Reboot and the option of F.Reset Time is enabled from the ODIN and in case if you have selected the .PIT file in the 6th step then you will also have to check the option of Re-Partition.
8th Step: The Start Key in the ODIN is then selected to begin the process of firmware installation that will take some minutes to get completed.
9th Step: Once the procedure of firmware installation finishes, your handset will automatically reboot and after that when the home screen appears you can disconnect it from the PC.
Thus following these steps, you can successfully install the firmware on your Note 2 and can also verify it by going to the option of About Phone present in the Go To settings.