If you are looking for instructions that can successfully install Jelly Bean XXDMA6 Android 4.1.2 update on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone by Android look no further than this tutorial. This can normally be done via Kies by Samsung but if you can’t avail of it for whatever reason – just do it yourself with our help. Just few things you need to prepare: the download for XXDMA6 Android 4.1.2, ODIN and ClockworkMod recovery.
In this tutorial you can find not only the detailed instructions on how to facilitate the updating process but also the important reminders, prerequisites and expectations once the firmware is successfully installed. The tips will highlight greatly on the backing up of data. There are some rooting guidance also that must not be ignored and other vital information.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
Built Code: PDA – N7100XXDMA6
CSC Code: N8000OXXCMA1
Firmware Version: 4.1.2
Roll-out Date: 2013-01-25
Regions Covered: South Asia
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXDMA6) on Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
Complete Step by Step Guide :-
- XXDMA6 firmware file must be extracted after downloading. Click here to download.
- Download Odin3. Odin file must also be unzipped to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files needed.
- Turn the device off and it should vibrate to signal the complete power off.Start from step one again if it does not vibrate after 6 seconds.
- Tap and hold the Volume down of Galaxy Note 2 N7100 together with the Home button – at the same time with the Power button. Once you see the Warning alert, push the Volume Up button to switch to the Download Mode.
- Initiate Odin’s operation as Administrator because this is the only way to complete the process of flashing the firmware into the Galaxy Note 2.
- Install the connection between the device and the computer using a USB cable. Do not overlook the Added message before proceeding. Make all the necessary adjustments when this does not happen. You can only be certain that your connection is reliable when the numbered ID: COM port becomes yellow.
- Set the Odin files following the guidelines below to pull out the relevant files from the N7100XXDMA6 firmware folder :
- Select the Code .tar file after clicking the PDA Button
- Select Modem after tapping Phone button if it is available. Let this pass if you can’t find this option
- Select CSC file after hitting CSC button but do not waste time on this if you can’t find it anywhere
- Select the .pit file after pushing the PIT button – if you already noticed this file from step one. If not, proceed to the next step
- Now it’s time to modify settings at Odin. Enable both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time selections. However, select the Re-Partition option only if the .pit file is previously activated.
- Check all the steps particularly Steps 7 and 8. When these are set correctly, proceed by starting the flashing process. Just press the Start button.
- You will know that the firmware has been flashed because it will automatically be rebooted. On top of that, the PASS confirmation will also be reflected on the screen – where it is greenish in colour at the farther left part of the box just above ODIN. Unplugging the the USB connection will be safe at this point in time.
You can check on the Settings of your phone to verify that Android 4.1.2 XXDMA6 Operating System Jelly Bean is already powering your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. In case your device get stuck after the procedure, just force it to be turned off with a prolonged pressing effort – or remove the battery temporarily and reassemble it again to start the updating process from the very beginning when turned on again.