The XXCMC3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is the latest official firmware that is rolled out by Samsung for all its users of Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000. This latest firmware is the part of the new build release and can be downloaded by the users through Samsung KIES or through manual update. The latest firmware can be used by any Galaxy Note 10.1 user whose device is not locked with a particular carrier as this is an unbranded firmware. Extra packs for language for specific regions also come along with the official firmware.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The XXCMC3 Android Jelly Bean makes use of the ODIN flash tool in order to install the firmware and thus there is no need for any custom recovery tool like CWM. The firmware has been rolled out in February 2013 and has PDA – N8000XXCMC3 and CSC- N8000OXACMC3.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (XXCMC3) on Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000)
If you have earlier performed the firmware installation then you must be well aware about the process but if you are new to the process then the following given guided instructions will help you to update your device with the latest firmware.
Step By Step Guide :-
1st Step: The N8000XXCMC3 Android 4.1.2 official firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 first needs to be downloaded on your computer. Since it will come in a zip file, you will need to extract it at a convenient location.
2nd Step: Next the ODIN v1.85 also needs to be downloaded on your PC that will help you to flash the latest firmware on your device.
3rd Step: Tablet now needs to be switched off and then taken into the Download mode. If you are new to the process then in order to enter the Download Mode, you need to press the buttons of Power and Volume Down together for some time. If the logo of the Samsung or the construction Android Robot along with triangle is seen that means that you are now in the Download Mode.
4th Step: Now you need to open the ODIN that is present on your PC and also when the tablet is in the Download Mode, connect it to the computer with the help of a USB cable. If you see that one of the boxes of ID:COM comes in yellow color along with the COM Port Number then it means that you have successfully connected your device to the computer.
5th Step: Now from the files that were extracted in the 1st step, you will need to make the selection of the following files which are to be installed on the tablet.
- File with “CODE” in the name is selected by clicking on the option of PDA.
- File with “MODEM” in the name is selected by clicking on the option of Phone. [ Leave the step is there is no such file]
- File with “CSC” in the name is selected by clicking on the option of CSC. [ Leave the step is there is no such file]
- The .pit file is selected from the option of PIT. [ Leave the step is there is no such file]
6th Step: In this next step, the option of Auto Reboot and the option of F.Reset Time which are present in the ODIN are enabled. You will also need to enable the option of Re-Partition but only in the condition when .pit file is selected in the previous step.
7th Step: Now to start the procedure of firmware installation, the key of Start that is present in the ODIN is clicked. Wait for some time as the process will take few minutes.
8th Step: On the completion of the installation procedure your Galaxy Note 10.1 will reboot and restart. Once the home screen appears you can unplug your tablet from the computer by taking off the USB cable.
So following the above given steps carefully will help you to update your Samsung Galaxy Note N8000 to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS. You can also verify the version by going to the option of About Tablet present in the settings menu.