Firmware updates for Samsung devices are becoming fast paced these days. From making the firmware updates for the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 previously available, it is now the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTS N8020’s turn to get the update. You can now install the official Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean firmware to your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE which was initially made available in Sweden but now grace other regions. If the update is not yet available in your location you can manually install the update on your device with the help of this tutorial.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The firmware N8020 update on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMA2 is an unbranded carrier which can be used in updating the firmware of all Galaxy Note LTE N8020 models except those manufactured in Hongs Kong, China and Taiwan. Its base firmware is N8020XXDMA2 which is available in different regions within the United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Spain and Italy. The firmware PDA is N8020XXBMA2 with CSC N8020OXABMA2.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (XXDMA2) on Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE (N8020)
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 1: Download the N8020 XXDMA2 Android firmware 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Save the files in a folder that is easy for you to retrieve later.
Step 2: Download ODIN v1.85 on your computer. Save the files in a folder that is easy for you to retrieve later.
Step 3: Turn off your device by pressing on the volume down button together with the home and power buttons simultaneously. This will bring your device on a download mode.
Step 4: Double check whether you have successfully installed your Galaxy Note LTE USB driver to your computer.
Step 5: In your computer open ODIN and then plug your device to the computer while it is on a download mode.
Step 6: You will confirm that the device is successfully connected to the computer when the ID:COM port will light into yellow.
Step 7: Go to the files that you want to install or flash on your device by extracting the files that you downloaded in step 1. Then follow these steps :-
- Go to the PDA button and then click on the CODE file name.
- Go to the PHONE button and then click on the MODEM file name. When no such file exists, skip this step.
- Go to the CSC button and then click on the CSC file name. When no such file exists, skip this step.
- Go to the PIT button and then click on the .pit file name. When no such file exists, skip this step.
Step 8: Check the options “auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” in ODIN. If you selected the .pit file in Step 7, you should also check the “re-partition” option.
Step 9: Start ODIN on your computer to begin the installation. Wait until the installation is complete which may take some time.
Step 10: Once the installation is complete, the device will restart automatically.
Step 11: Once the home screen is on, you can now unplug the device from the computer.
Step 12: Turn off the device again to enter the recovery mode of the device. To do this, press on the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously.
Step 13: Using the volume control, select the wipe data or the factory reset that is available in the recovery menu.
Step 14: Click on the “reboot system now” option.
Step 15: Your Samsung Galaxy LTE 10.1 now received the updated firmware on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on XXDMA2. Confirm this by checking on your device’s setting and from the “about phone” option to see the firmware update.
Now that you have successfully updated your Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 to the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Android firmware, you can experience better performance on your Smartphone. You will get the added features of group cast application, notification panel that is customizable, new link effect on the lock screen, smart rotation, and adjustment on the brightness slider in the notification panel with the option of disabling it. You can also choose to use the Android 4.2 keyboard or swipe and notification toggles. Using the mobile device will also make you enjoy better functionality such as smoother browsing experience.