There is good news for all the Samsung Galaxy Grand I9080L owners as the first Android 4.1.2 official jelly bean firmware update for the handset called BAMB3 is out. This is an unbranded and official firmware update by the company thus there will be no need for the custom recovery like CWM to install the zip file of ROM on your handset. You can either use Samsung KIES or can go for the manual installation of the update.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The UBAMB3 firmware will update the handset with the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS and will come with PDA- I9080LUBAMB3 and CSC- I9080LUWAAMB2.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (UBAMB3) on Galaxy Grand (I9080L)
Here we are bringing step by step instructions that will help you to install the UBAMB3 firmware on Galaxy Grand. Before starting the installation process make sure that you have taken a back up of all the needed and important data and you are using this update only for Galaxy Grand I9080L model and not any other phone.
Step By Step Guide :-
1st Step: At the start, you will first need to download the Android 4.1.2 I9080LUBAMB3 firmware file. Since the file will be in the zip format, so you need to extract it a convenient location in your PC.
2nd Step: Now the firmware flashing tool Odin v1.85 also needs to be downloaded on your PC.
3rd Step: Now switch off your smartphone and after that make preparation to enter the Download Mode which you can do by pressing and holding the keys of Home, Power and Volume Down together for some time till the logo of Android appears. Once logo is visible the Power key is again pressed to confirm the download mode.
4th Step: ODIN in the PC is now opened and while the handset is in the download mode, it is connected to the computer by using a USB cable. One boxes of the ID:COM appearing in yellow color with COM port number is the indication that your phone is successfully connected to the PC.
5th Step: Files that are to be installed on the phone are now selected. You can do the selection of the files among the ones which were extracted in the initial steps of this guide. Following is the list of the files to be selected.
- File holding “CODE” in the name is selected from PDA.
- File holding “MODEM” in the name is selected from Phone. [ if you do not find any such file, then just leave this step and proceed further]
- File holding “CSC” in the name is selected from CSC. [ if you do not find any such file, then just leave this step and proceed further]
- From PIT the .pit file is selected. [ if you do not find any such file, then just leave this step and proceed further]
6th Step: Now after the file selection is made, the options of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time that are present in the ODIN are to be checked. The option of Re-Partition is checked only in the condition when .pit file is selected in the 5th step.
7th Step: Key of Start in the ODIN is now pressed to start the procedure of installation.
8th Step: Now as soon as the installation process gets completed after some time, your handset will restart automatically. Then when the home screen appears you can take off the USB cable and disconnect your phone from your computer.
So finally with the help of these steps you will be able to update your smartphone with the UBAMB3 firmware update. To confirm that phone has been updated you can check by going to Settings and then About Phone option.