If you own a Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L then you can update the software of your handset with the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VJAMA1 firmware. The users can either go to Samsung KIES or do the manual installation in order to update their handset. The VJAMA1 is an unbranded firmware for the phone and this means that no apps of carrier will come included with the firmware. The need of CWM recovery is also not needed for the update.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The latest VJAMA1 firmware supports Android version 4.1.2 and comes with PDA- I9082LVJAMA1 and CSC – I9082LZTOAMA6. It is an unbranded firmware and has a build date of March, 2013.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (VJAMA1) on Galaxy Grand (I9082L)
In order to install the VJAMA1 Android firmware update on your Galaxy Grand I9082L we are giving step by step instructions in the following part of the article. Before going for the update, it is always advisable to take a back up of all your needed and important data.
Step By Step Guide :-
1st Step: Start by downloading and extracting the Android 4.1.2 I9082LVJAMA1 firmware for your smartphone model on your PC.
2nd Step: You will also need to download the ODIN v1.85 that will enable you install the Android 4.1.2 on your phone.
3rd Step: Now the handset needs to be turned off and then you need to enter the Download Mode. For going to the Download Mode, you will need to together press and hold the keys of Volume Down + Power+ Home for some time till the logo of Android appear on the screen. Now again in order to confirm the entry in the download mode, the button of Power is pressed.
4th Step: ODIN is now opened and with the help of a USB cable your handset is connected to your PC. On successful connection, the box of ID: COM will change in the Yellow color along with the COM port number.
5th Step: Now comes the time to make the selection of the files that needs to be installed on your handset. From the files that were extracted in the 1st step, the following files are selected:
- File with the “CODE” in the name is selected by clicking on “PDA”.
- File with the “MODEM” in the name is selected by clicking on “Phone”. [ If no such file is there, then just proceed further]
- File with the “CSC” in the name is selected by clicking on “CSC”. ”. [ If no such file is there, then just proceed further]
- The .pit file is selected from the option of PIT. ”. [ If no such file is there, then just proceed further]
6th Step: In the ODIN, now the option of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected. If in the previous step you have selected the .pit file then also select the option of Re-Partition.
7th Step: Now in the next step, the Start key that is present in the ODIN is pressed so as to start the process of installation and this will take few minutes to get completed.
8th Step: Once the installation procedure is complete, your handset will automatically restart and when you see the home screen you can unplug your phone from USB cable and disconnect it from computer.
With completion of the above given steps, you will be successful in updating your Galaxy Grand I9082L smartphone with VJAMA1 Android 4.1.2 Firmware. You can also confirm the updated version of the software by going to the option of About Phone in the Settings.