In order to update your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082L a new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update called UBAMA8, has been out which is an unbranded firmware that will not come with any carrier apps. The update is a usual build and will come along with minor update and bug fixing.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 is an official firmware by Samsung and thus it will not need any CWM recovery in order to install the zip file of ROM on your handset. Other firmware details are as follows:
- CSC: I9082LUUBAMA6
- PDA: I9082LUBAMA8
- Carrier: Unbranded
- Build Date: March, 2013
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Rooting Warning :- Your device will lose root access after installing this official firmware update on your android device. If you want to gain full access to your android device system then you will have to again root your device after you have finished with the installation and thus you will be able to install root apps again on your android device.
How to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (UBAMA8) on Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082L)
Step By Step Guide :-
Step 1: To start the process you will need to download as well as extract the zip file of UBAMA8 Android 4.1.2. firmware.
Step 2: Also download the ODIN v1.85 that enables you to install the Android Jelly Bean on your smartphone.
Step 3: Now turn off the power of your handset and enter the download mode. If you are new to the process of updating the phone then you must know that for entering the download mode, you need to press and keep hold the keys of Power, Volume Down and Home together for some time till the Android logo is displayed on the screen. Once you see the logo, again tap the Power key to confirm the entry of the handset in the download mode.
Before proceeding further, ensure that USB drivers for your smartphone have been installed on your PC.
Step 4: Now open the ODIN on your PC and then take a USB cable to connect your phone and your computer while you are in the Download Mode. One of the boxes of ID: COM will turn in the Yellow color with COM port number if your handset is successfully connected to the PC.
Step 5: In this step of the process you will need to select the files that need to be flashed on your handset. You can find these files from the ones that were extracted in the Step 1 of this guide.
- PDA is clicked to select the file holding “CODE” in name
- Phone is clicked to select the file holding “MODEM” in name
- CSC is clicked to select the file holding “CSC” in name
- The .pit file is selected from PIT
[ In the above given options of b,c and d, if you do not find any such file, then simply leave the option and proceed further]
Step 6: The option of Auto reboot and F.Reset Time which are present in the ODIN are selected. The option of Re-Partition is selected only when .pit file in Step 5(d) is selected.
Step 7: The key of Start in the ODIN is now tapped so as to start the procedure of installation and just wait for the process as it might take some time.
Step 8: Finally when the installation process is complete, your smartphone will restart automatically and then after seeing the home screen you can unplug your phone from the PC.
So you have finally updated your Galaxy Grand I9082L with the official firmware UBAMA8. Go to the option of About Phone present in the Settings menu to confirm for the updated version of the OS