The CynogenMod Team released the new Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware to become possible with your Motorola Xoom 4G MZ602. If you have already got your new Motorola Xoom from Verizon, you’ll have the update as is, but if not? You can still have the update installed but not with Verizon’s official firmware but a custom one. Updating your device will lend you the feel of the latest Android firmware. Just follow the instructions right from the step by step process below for you to enjoy and install the latest Jelly Bean upgrade on your Motorola Xoom 4G LTE MZ602.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
The new update will give you access to multi-user backup, a new quick settings option, an enhanced lock screen widget, gesture typing, photo sphere, an advanced Google Now, miracast display, a newest camera app and daydream feature along a lot more. Although you might experience some issues with the update which is still being developed, the new update will help you experience enhanced performance and stability that comes with the latest Android build.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Motorola Xoom 4G LTE (MZ602)
If you think you have everything of these prepared, then we can now proceed with the actual and step by step how to of installing and updating your Motorola Xoom 4G LTE with the latest Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom ROM
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 1: Roll in the necessary files on your PC that you will need during the installation.
- Download the Android 4.2.1 EOS4 for Motorola Xoom 4G MZ602 [File name: EOS-stingray-20130108-163.zip]
- Download the Google Applications [File name: gapps-jb-20130105-EOS-XOOM-ONLY.zip]
Step 2: Using the USB cable, hook your device to your PC. This should be easy if you have installed the right USB drivers.
Step 3: Copy the downloaded .zip files but DO NOT extract any of the file yet.
Step 4: Unlink your tablet from your PC after copying and power off your tablet.
Step 5: Download ClockworkMod recovery and press the power button first to turn on the device. A boot screen will show and tap volume down again and again until you see the “Android Recovery” displayed in the screen. Press Volume up to enter ClockworkMod recovery. If you don’t want any key combinations, attempt the following step: Recovery Mode not using Key Combination.
Step 6: Execute a Nandroid support in order you can dispose your existing ROM later when the new one is not working or you simply want to revert. Do this by choosing “Backup and Restore” option, a next screen will appear and all you have to do is choose “Backup” once again. After the backup is complete, Return to the chief recovery menu.
Step 7: Make data wiping mission by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”. A next screen will appear. Select “Yes” to confirm data wiping. Return to the main menu of ClockworkMod recovery. Now, select the “wipe cache section” and wait until the process is done. Perform Dalvik cache wiping by choosing “wipe Dalvik cache” under promoting options.
Step 8: Choose the “setup .zip from sdcard” and tap “select .zip from sdcard”. Locate the necessary EOS-stingray-20130108-163.zip file from step #1 and pitch upon it by utilizing the push button. Select “Yes – Install ________.zip” to confirm and begin the installation.
Step 9: Wait for the installation process to finish. Repeat step #8 but this time, fix the Google applications package by choosing the gapps-jb-20130105-EOS-XOOM-ONLY.zip file.
Step 10: Perform the data wiping task again that can be found on step #7.
Step 11: Finish every of the steps before you can return to the principal recovery menu. Choose “restart system now” in order to reboot your tablet to the customized EOS4 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM. The reboot will take a few minutes to complete. Make sure you have enough power to complete the process.
When the reboot is fully finished, then congratulations! You have now successfully updated your Motorola Xoom 4G LTE (MZ602) with Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom ROM well and safe. Enjoy the newest Android experience!