It is a good news to know that a new update is now available for the Motorola Xoom 3G. The MZ600 has not received the latest update yet on its software and now is the best time to upgrade your mobile experience with Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 Jelly Bean. The custom firmware comes in the Nightly Jelly Bean Cyanogen Mod 10.1 through a custom ROM to give your Motorola Xoom MZ600 an upgrade. Although the CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean 4.2.2 will not really give a major upgrade on your device, it could improve its performance better that without it, giving the mobile user a bloatware free AOSP-similar experience. The custom firmware aims to give MZ600 users better control and the ability to customize their device features and performance.
While the Android CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean custom ROM firmware is not official because it is still on the process of further firmware development, you can get the update now on your device. With the help of this tutorial, you will learn that performing the update is simple and straightforward when you do it on your Xoom MZ600 3G. But take note that the Jelly Bean Nightly port on Android 4.2.2 development is still in progress so you should expect to experience some issues occasionally.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Before you begin with this tutorial, it is important to keep some important things in mind. This tutorial is mainly for Motorola Xoom 3G MZ600 and not for any other Smartphone model so make sure that you have the proper device at hand. Make sure to save a copy of your mobile data with a backup in case something undesirable happens during the course of performing the update on your device. As you embark to go through the tutorial, ensure that your device has at least 80% or more of battery life for uninterrupted update. Install the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device and make sure that the device is rooted. You must have installed the USB driver for the Xoom MZ600 on your computer already as you will need this to connect the device on the computer during the tutorial process.
Firmware Detail :-
The Android Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly Custom 4.2.2 firmware is mainly a custom ROM which is not an official firmware of Motorola or Google. Hence, no official firmware detail is available as the development continues to be in progress.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Motorola Xoom 3G
Complete Step by Step Guide :-
- Download the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 CM10.1 Nightly Custom ROM firmware for Motorola Xoom 3G MZ600 on your computer.
- Install the Google Apps that you will need for the update on the computer.
- Connect the device unit to the computer through the USB.
- Copy the downloaded files in step 1 and step 2 on the device’s SD card but DO NOT EXTRACT the files just yet.
- Unplug the unit from the computer and then turn it off.
- Boot the ClockworkMod recovery by pressing on the power button to turn on the unit. Wait for the boot screen to appear. Repeatedly tap on the volume down button until the sign Android recovery appears and then press on the volume up to go to the recovery mode.
- You should backup your ROM using the Nandroid backup feature to allow you to restore your old ROM in case something wrong happens during the updating process. To do this, go to the backup and restore option, then select the backup again option on the next screen. Once the backup is finished and complete, go back to the main recovery menu.
- Go to the wipe data/factory reset and click on yes on the next screen to perform the data wiping task. This process may take some time to complete. Go back to the CWM recovery menu. Click the wipe cache partition option. Once the wiping task is complete, go to the advance option and click the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Go to the install zip from SD card option and then click on the zip from SD Card to locate the zip file that you copied from the computer. Choose the file by pressing the power button. Click on yes-install__.zip option to confirm your action and then you see that the installation of the new ROM will start.
- Wait until the ROM installation is finished and complete and then install the Google apps package that you downloaded earlier in step 2 and copied on the SD file to the device.
- If the installation process is finished, you should reboot the tablet by going back to the main recovery menu and find the reboot system now option. Then boot up the customized Jelly Bean CM10.1 for Android which may take some time to finish.
- You can go back to the previous ROM by booting into recovery and choose the backup and restore options to find the old ROM by looking for it from the list of options.
You should now be ready to start experiencing a better performing device from your Motorola Xoom MZ600 after completing this tutorial process. You can now enjoy in customizing the settings of your device because the updated custom ROM firmware on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean will automatically run on the unit after the successful installation. The device will run more smoothly than it used to be owing to the enhancements made on the firmware update. Make sure to follow the steps provided in the tutorial carefully and observe the precautions of backing up your device from the start.