Users of LG Optimus 2X P990 will now experience better and enhanced performance from their device through the update made available by the Nightly Custom ROM Cyanogen Mod (CM) 10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Android update. Although the custom ROM update continues to be in progress, getting the update can be the best thing that you can do in order to have a better experience in using your device. However, you should expect some issues or bugs in the course of using your updated device that will be resolved later on as the firmware development is completed and officially released by Google or LG.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
The Nightly custom firmware on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is not an official update. But it is worth the try to give the device some boost on its performance. You should use the ClockworkMod recovery and have your device rooted before starting with the tutorial steps on updating your Optimus 2X P990 on its latest firmware update. As we guide you through the step by step process of making the update, you should ensure that your data is properly backed up as a precaution in case something goes wrong in the course of performing the update. The process may take a while so make sure that you have at least 80% of battery life to ensure the process will be not interrupted. You should follow each step without skipping any of it otherwise your device may break. Install the Optimus 2X P990 USB driver to the computer before you begin with the procedure in the tutorial as you will need the driver to connect your device to the computer.
Firmware Details :-
The Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM CM10.1 is a nightly build, making it an unofficial firmware for the LG Optimus. The user of the device with this update should expect some occasional bugs and issues like boot loops and FC errors while using it but the benefit of experiencing a better and improved performance of the device is an enticing reason why you should get this custom firmware update.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on LG Optimus 2X (P990)
Complete Step by Step Guide :-
- Download the Android Nightly Custom ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your computer.
- Download the Google Apps package on the computer.
- Connect the Optimus P990 device using the USB cable to the computer.
- Copy the files that you downloaded in steps 1 and 2 to the SD card of the device.
- Turn off the device and then remove its connection to the computer.
- Bring the device into the recovery mode. To do this, you need to simultaneously hold on the volume up button and the power button together. Wait until the recovery mode screen shows up on the screen.
- Go to the ClockworkMod recovery in order to perform the wiping of data task. Look for the flash zip from the SD card option and then press on the power button to make the selection.
- By pressing the power option, select the choose zip from SD card tab.
- Using the volume keys, select the Android 4.22 zip files that you saved on the SD card from the computer and use the power button by pressing on it to make the selection.
- Follow the same previous steps in order to install the Google Apps that you downloaded earlier and copied to the SD card.
- After a successful download, go to the go back option. Reboot your device by selecting the reboot system now option. While your device starts to reboot be patient while waiting for the process to finish.
- Once your device restarted, check whether you have made a successful installation by checking your mobile setting. Go to setting and then about phone to see the firmware update.
Once the Android Nightly custom ROM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update is successful, the firmware will start running on your device. You can now start enjoying the enhanced features of your LG Optimus 2X. You will find your device to be running more smoothly with better enhancements on its performance. Although you may experience some bug issues, this may be occasional and expected considering the firmware development is still in progress. You will find that the issues will be resolved and usually it may be temporary with some glitches that you will experience occasionally. The firmware CM10.1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update will optimize your mobile experience which is better without the update. Admittedly, the firmware custom update is in progress and unofficial but you certainly want to try getting the update to have a different experience in using your Optimus P990. Just make sure that you follow the step by step procedure in this tutorial and that you have the proper Smartphone model in this update.