For the all the users of HTC One smartphone, the TrickDroid Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware along with Sense 5.0 has been rolled out. This latest firmware is not an official release by the company and thus you will need to have a custom recovery like CWM in order to install the zip file of the ROM on your handset. Moreover before making the installation of this custom ROM, you will have to make sure that the bootloader of your handset is unlocked.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The TrickDroid Android Jelly Bean Custom ROM will enable the users to experience the stock Sense 5.0 interface and will come along with impressive list of features as well. List of some of these features is given below:
- Multilanguage support
- It is based on the latest 1.28.401.6
- Optimization of UI
- Option between different mods of battery
- Exchange Mail Mod
- Better performance of CPU
- Remove 3 dot menu and others.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install TrickDroid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Sense 5.0 Firmware on HTC One
If you are impressed with the above given list of features that comes along with this latest Custom ROM and has decided to update your HTC One handset then the following given step by step guide will be of great use to you. The guide will help you to install the TrickDroid Android firmware on your phone successfully.
Step By step guide :-
Step 1: You will have to start by downloading the TrickDroid Android Custom ROM for your HTC One on your PC and the boot.img from the zip file is extracted separately.
Step 2: In this next step, you will need to connect as well as mount the USB memory of your handset to your PC and this can be done with the help of a USB cable.
Step 3: Now the zip file of custom ROM that you have downloaded needs to be copy and pasted on the root folder of the phone’s SD card.
Step 4: The file of boot.img needs to be copied and pasted on the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
Step 5: Your smartphone now is to be switched off.
Step 6: Next you will need to enter the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode that you can do by switching ON the handset and at the same time pressing as well as holding the keys of Power and Volume Down together for some time.
Step 7: While your handset is in the Fastboot mode, you will need to move to the directory of android-sdk-windowsplatform which is present on your PC and there open the Command Prompt. The option for Opening the Command Prompt appears when you press the Shift key along with Right-Click.
Step 8: Now you will need to type the below given command and then press the key of enter. Flashboot flash boot boot.img
Step 9: Next the command of “fastboot reboot “ is typed and Enter Key is pressed.
Step 10: Now you will see some instructions of navigation on your screen which you will have to follow. Then move to the Recovery after selecting the Bootloader.
Step 11: As you reach the CWM Recovery, you will need to make the selection of “wipe data/factory reset” that will lead to the process of full data wipe. While in the recovery Mode, the Power Key is used to make the selection of everything.
Step 12: In this next step, the option of “wipe cache partition” is selected in order to perform the function of cache wipe.
Step 13: This next step is though optional but is recommended as it will prevent you to get any errors or get in the boot loops. For this step, you will need to move to “Advanced” from the CWM recovery and make the selection of the option “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 14: You will now have to move to the main recovery screen and make the selection of the option “install zip from SD card”.
Step 15: The “choose zip from sdcard” is selected and then by making the use of Volume buttons on your handset, you will need to move to the zip file of the Custom ROM that has been earlier copied to the SD card. Once you reach to the zip file, press the Power Key to select it. On the next screen you will have to make the confirmation of the installation that will start the procedure.
Step 16: Now comes the last step in which after the completion of the installation procedure, you will need to go back and then the “reboot system now” that is there in the recovery menu is selected that will lead to the reboot of the handset. For the first time, it will take around five minutes for your Smartphone to boot so just wait.
Thus by following the above given steps carefully you will be able to successfully update your HTC One Smartphone with the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 OS.