The HTC Incredible 4G LTE is all set to receive the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update through the CM10.1 M2 Custom ROM. The update will enable the users to enjoy the improved features of the OS and give an all new experience with better performance of the device. If you wish to use this custom firmware on your handset then you need to have the ClockworkMod recovery to install it.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The Android CM10.1 M2 4.2.2 is an unofficial and a nightly build so while doing the installation it might be possible that you may face various problems like boot loops, FC Errors, handset not getting boot and others. In case if you encounter any of these problems, then another stable stock firmware of custom ROM needs to be re-installed in the handset.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 M2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on HTC Incredible 4G
Step by Step Guide :-
If you have made the decision to update your HTC Incredible 4G mobile phone then the following given steps will guide you for the process.
2nd Step: Then take a USB cable and connect your handset to your computer.
3rd Step: Now the files of Google Apps and custom ROM that have been downloaded in the first step are now copied and pasted in the root folder of the handset’s SD card.
4th Step: Now next you will have to switch off your HTC phone.
5th Step: To move further, you will have to enter the Bootloader Mode and this you can do by pressing the keys of Power and Volume Down of your phone together for some time.
6th Step: In this step of the process, the instructions that are present on the screen has to be followed and then you will have to select the Bootloader and after that Recovery.
7th Step: Now in the CWM recovery, the data is to be wiped first and then you will have move to the option of flash zip from SD card and select it by using the Power key.
8th Step: The key of Power is pressed again so as to select the option of choose zip from sdcard.
9th Step: The custom ROM zip files that have been earlier downloaded are now navigated by making the use of volume keys and selected through Power key. On the next screen, the process of installation is confirmed that will start the procedure of the installation. This step is again repeated for the Google Apps file.
10th Step: Now is the final step, where after the completion of the installation you will need to go back and then reboot your HTC Incredible 4G and this can be done by selecting the option of reboot system now that is there in the recovery menu.
So after finally completing the above given 10 steps, your HTC handset will be successfully updated with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. For confirming the update you can go to the About Phone option in the settings menu.