If you are using the HTC Evo 4G LTE you will certainly be delighted to know that a new update on the device is available on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 CM10.1 custom ROM. The CM10.1 ROM however remains to be under development and may contain some issues and bugs but as the development of the program consistently in progress, you will find that some of the issues that you may encounter will be resolved. This tutorial will help you go through the process of installing the update on your HTC Evo so that you can start using the device with the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Android has pushed with its update on the Evo 4G LTE for HTC cellular device in order to upgrade the mobile usage experience of its users with a better performance of the device through the Jelly Bean CM10.1 custom ROM. The update is only exclusive for the HTC 4G LTE Evo model therefore you should make sure that you have the correct Smartphone model before going through this tutorial. The ROM update for Android 4.2.2 will give you enhanced features when using the device with a smoother functionality and performance. Grab your device and start the installation process now with the help of this tutorial.
Firmware details :-
The firmware CM10.1 Custom ROM for the HTC Evo LTE 4G Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update is currently in progress for further development and you should expect some bugs and minor issues. However, the update will give your device better speed and performance stability. The custom ROM update on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is currently unofficial.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Custom Firmware on HTC Evo 4G LTE
Complete Step by Step Guide :-
- Download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Custom ROM for HTC Evo 4G LTE.
- Connect the device to your computer using the USB driver.
- Copy the file you downloaded in step 1 to your device’s SD card but DO NOT EXTRACT THE FILES.
- Unplug your device from the computer and switch it off.
- Bring the phone to the bootloader mode by holding the volume down button and turn the power on. Choose the options using the volume button by scrolling up or down to change options. Press the power button on the highlighted option that you choose. Select the recovery mode using the volume buttons to choose options and press the power button as you find the selected option.
- To backup your data, you need to do a Nandroid backup of your device in order to restore them later in case the ROM update will not work well. To do this, choose the backup and restore option and then on the next screen choose the backup option again. Once the backup is complete, return to the main recovery menu.
- Go to the wipe data or factory reset option and choose yes. The data wiping task will start to perform. It will take a few minutes to finish the task. Go back to the CWM recovery menu. Then go to the wipe cache partition and then select the Wipe Dalvik Cache. You can find this option in the advance setting to be able to wipe out the Dalvik cache.
- Unzip the downloaded files that you copied from the SD card. Select the files and then press the power button. Install the files by clicking on the yes option to begin the installation process.
- Install the Google Apps package on your device.
- Once the installation is successful, return to the recovery menu to reboot the device by choosing the reboot system now option. The booting process will take a little while. Then boot up the device into the customized Android ROM Cm10.1 on Jelly Bean 4.2.2.
- Return to the previous ROM by going back into the boot in recovery option then select backup.
Now that you have successfully installed the update on your HTC Evo 4G, you can now give yourself a treat of experiencing better stability of your mobile performance with greater speed. While the update on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on CM10.1 custom ROM may have some bugs and issues once in a while, you can enjoy a more enhanced performance of your HTC Evo better than without the upgrade. Some bugs may be present such as a non-functional HDMI output and sometimes the focus on the still camera may be broken but still works with the auto – focus setting. If you want to level up your mobile experience with your device you can settle with this current update and enjoy added features of a smoother UI performance with improved lock screen widgets.