The Codefire X has been recently updated to the Android 4.2.4 Jelly Bean and this custom ROM can be installed by the users on their HTC Desire HD handset. Though there are not many Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based firmware’s that are available for this phone but this latest update comes packed with improved list of features.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The team of CodeFire X has worked hard in order to compile the Android 4.2.1 from the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This latest update will offer impressive features as well as optimum experience of Google to the users. In order to use this ROM, the users first need to have the ClockworkMod Recovery to be installed beforehand.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CodefireX Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on HTC Desire HD
Step by Step Guide :-
Following is the step by step guide that will help you to install the firmware update on your HTC Desire HD handset.
2nd Step: Then with the help of USB data cable connect your handset to your computer.
3rd Step: Next enable the USB Mass Storage mode that will help you to mount your handsets SD storage to the computer.
4th step: In next step, you will have to copy and paste the downloaded firmware and Google apps file on the root of the SD storage card. Make sure that it is not present in any other folder.
5th Step: Now switch off your handset and disconnect it from the computer.
6th Step: In the next step you will have to get into the Bootloader mode for which you will have to turn the handset ON by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons together till the white screen of the bootloader appears.
7th Step: Next you will have to move to the “Recovery” with the help of volume buttons and select it through power button. Now your handset will boot in the ClockworkMod Recovery.
8th Step: In this step you will have to first wipe the data and then move down to the option of “flash zip from SD card” and press button of Power to select it.
9th Step: Now again by using the keys of volume you will have to navigate to the zip file of ROM and select it with the help of Power Button after which installation on the next screen is confirmed that will start the procedure for the installation.
This same step is followed for the files of Google Apps as well.
10th Step: Once the procedure of installation is complete, you will have to reboot your phone by making a selection of the option for “Reboot system now” which is present in the recovery menu. It will take a time of around 5 minutes for your handset to boot for the first time.
Thus after completing the above given steps your handset is now updated with the latest Android 4.2.1 OS which you can also verify by going to the About Phone option in the Settings.