The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AOKP ROM is rolled out for the users of HTC Desire HD phone. This latest custom ROM is stable and comes with working features. In order to install the zip file of the ROM, ensure that you already have a custom recovery like the ClockWorkMod Recovery.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The latest Android Jelly Bean AOKP custom ROM comes along with wide array of features among which some of them are as follows:
- Rotation of 180 degree
- CM Brightness slider
- Unsecure boot.img
- Nav Bar Color Picker
- Nav Bar Button Glow Duration
- Option of Lock screen Horizontal and many others.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install AOKP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on HTC Desire HD
Here we are bringing a detailed and step by step guide that will help you to install the custom ROM on your handset. This guide is meant only for the HTC Desire HD model of the phone and do not install on any other handset.
Step By Step Guide :-
Step 2: Now connect and also mount the USB memory of your handset on your PC by making the use of USB cable.
Step 3: The downloaded zip file of Google Apps and ROM is now copied and pasted in the root folder of the SD card of the phone.
Step 4: Then switch off the power of your handset.
Step 5: Next, you will have to move into the Bootloader Mode which you can do by turning ON the handset and then pressing the keys of Volume Down and Power together.
Step 6: Selection of Bootloader is made by following the instructions of the navigation and then you will have to move to the Recovery.
Step 7: In the ClockworkMod Recovery, the data is first wiped and then you need to move down to “flash zip from SD card” and select it by pressing the Power key.
Step 8: Again press the button of the Power to in order to make the selection of the zip files from the sdcard.
Step 9: In this step, make use of the volume buttons so as to navigate to the zip file of the ROM and select it by using the Power Key. On the next screen, you will have to confirm the installation in order to start the procedure.
Step 10: The above given step is followed for the Google Apps file as well.
Step 11: Next step comes after the completion of the installation in which you will need to move to the option of “+++++Go Back” after which reboot of the handset is performed by going to the option of “reboot system now” that is there in the recovery menu. Your HTC Desire HD will now boot by taking a time of around 5 minutes. Do not interrupt and just wait for the process to complete.
This is it! Your HTC phone is now installed with the latest AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.2 which you can also confirm by going to the Setting options and selecting the About Phone.