Recently, Samsung released an official firmware update the XXAMER Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for its Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 3G SM-T211. It will be available in a number of countries including Brazil, Argentina and Peru. If you are one of those, who owns the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and are interested in updating to XXAMER Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, please follow our tutorial.
Here are a few prerequisites to keep in mind before you install the update:
- Before manually updating the firmware, it is important that as a precaution you back up all your important data and apps because you never know what can happen.
- You need to back up your apps, SMS, call logs history, sync your contacts with your Gmail account.
- Note down your internet device’s settings from the path: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
- Backup all your data like images, videos, files, documents in the cloud or save them in the local PC.
- In case, your device is running a custom recovery image (CWM or TWRP), take a full NANDROID backup for your actual ROM. That backup will be a restore point for your Android device if something were to go wrong.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from your device menu.
- Charge the device’s battery to more than 80%. This is necessary to ensure that your device’s power won’t go off, during installation.
- Use this tutorial only if your device is a factory unlocked Android device. In case your device is locked to a specific carrier, we don’t recommend you using our tutorial.
- Apply this guide only for the model number we have specified and not for any other device even if it’s similar.
- If you have root rights over your device, after you install the official Android version, the root rights will be removed and also any custom ROMs and custom recovery images will be erased.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware (XXAMER) on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 3G T211
Following are the steps for the installation of XXAMER Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware:
- Begin by downloading Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMER for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 3G T211 and Odin 3.07 on your computer.
- Next, you need to extract the Odin zip find, which will then give you Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files.
- Now you need to completely switch off your device. After that, you will need to boot your device in the Download Mode and you can do this by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously, until you see the Android logo on the screen. You shall then need to press the Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode.
- Then you need to run the Odin3 v3.07.exe file that you extracted in Step 2 and you have to do this as an Administrator because Admin rights are necessary to complete this installation without a hitch.
- Now connect the device to your computer using a USB cord. Once it’s done, you should see the message saying “Added” on Odin.
- Next, choose the following files from the T211XXAMER folder, which is created in Odin during Step 2:Tap on PDA and choose the file named CODE
Tap on Phone and then choose the file named MODEM
Tap on CSC and choose the file named CSC
Tap on PIT and select the file with the extension “.p”
- To successfully completely the installation choose: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and then Re-partition. You only need to choose “Re-partition” if you have select the .pit file.
- All left to do now is tap START, after which, you just have to sit back and watch the firmware update install on your device.
- After the installation is complete your device will reboot by itself and as soon as you see the words PASS with green background in the left-most box at the very top of Odin, you can safely unplug your device from the computer.
In the end, go to Settings > About Tablet and confirm that the firmware has been installed. Then, pat yourself on the back for a job well done.