The users of AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) can now enjoy all the features of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS as the custom ROM CM10.1 M2 for the handset has been rolled out. All the fans of CyanogenMod can now install the ROM on their phone which can be used for long term basis and is stable as well. Before doing the installation, the users will have to make sure that their phone is rooted and it also has the CWM installed.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
CM10.1 M2 Android Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is a nightly build custom ROM and is not an official release by the Google. The installation of this firmware may even lead to problems like bugs, FC errors, phone not booting and apps not working. Re-installation of the stock firmware or other stable ROM can help to come over this problem.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on AT&T Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747)
Step By Step Guide :-
2nd Step: Now your handset needs to be connected to your PC with the help of a USB cable.
3rd Step: Next step is to first copy and then paste the zip files of custom ROM and Google Apps that you have downloaded on the root folder of your SD card.
4th Step: In this next step your Smartphone needs to be switched off and disconnected from the computer.
5th Step: Now the phone needs to be entered in the recovery mode for which you will have to press the buttons of Home and Volume UP along with the Power key for few seconds.
6th Step: Next comes the CWM recovery mode in which you will need to first wipe the data after which scroll to the option of install from SD card and select it by pressing the key of Power.
7th Step: Then the selection of the option “choose from sdcard” is to be made by pressing the key of Power again.
8th Step: The earlier copied zip files on your SD card is now browsed and selected and the confirmation of the installation process is made on the next screen.
The above given step is repeated for the Google Apps file as well.
9th Step: As soon as the procedure of installation gets completed you will need to move to the option of Go Back and then Smartphone is rebooted by selecting the option of reboot system now. For the first time, it may take around 5 minutes to boot the phone.
So that’s it. Following the above given step will install the Custom ROM CM 10.1 M2 on your AT&T Galaxy S3 Smartphone.