All the users of ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T can now enjoy the features of Android 4.2.2 with the latest AOKP Jelly Bean Custom ROM. Since this is a tradition ROM thus you would need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod so as to flash the zip file on the phone. Moreover always make sure to take the back up of your data before going for the update.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The latest AOKP Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM for the ASUS tablet offers wide array of features among which some of them are as follows:
- Enabled ZRAM
- Enabled USB debugger
- OC CPU up to 1.7GHz
- Insecure Kernel, root and init.d support
- Enabled control voltage and others.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
Step By Step Guide :-
Below is the step by step guide that will help you to install the latest firmware on your ASUS Transformer Pad.
2nd Step: Next step is to take a USB cable and connect your ASUS tablet to your computer.
3rd Step: Now the zip files that you have downloaded in the 1st step need to be copied on the SD card of the tablet. Make sure that files are copied only on the root folder and not anywhere else.
4th Step: Now your tablet needs to be switched off and disconnected from the PC.
5th Step: In the next step, your ASUS transformer Pad needs to be in the Bootloader Mode and that you can do by switching ON the device and then press and hold the keys of Volume Down and Power together for some time. Then the instructions of the navigation that comes on the screen needs to be followed.
6th Step: So now you are in the CWM mode in which you have to perform the wipe of the data first and after that scroll and move down to the option of install zip from SD card that can be then selected by tapping the Power key.
7th Step: In this next step, the button of Power is again tapped so as to make the selection of the option choose from SD card.
8th Step: The ROM zip files that have been earlier downloaded now needs to be selected and you can browse these files by using Volume buttons and select them with the help of Power Key. The same needs to be done with the Google Apps file.
9th Step: The next step is to make the confirmation of the installation process that comes on the next screen so as to start the procedure.
10th Step: Finally when the process of installation is completed you can go back and perform the function to reboot your tablet. This you can do by selecting the option of reboot system now that is there in the recovery menu.
We hope that by following the above given steps you have been successful in updating your ASUS tablet with the latest Android Jelly Bean AOKP Custom ROM.