Anyone wanting to stay on the cutting edge can now move forward from the recently pushed Android 4.1.2 ROM. A new custom Jelly Bean ROM is available for your ASUS EePad Transformer TF101 so you can keep your tablet ahead of the curve. This is a new release so there may be some bugs, as this ROM has not yet made it into beta. We are going to help you install the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 CM10.1 custom firmware so that you can let us know how it works for you.
Disclaimer : Remember that rooting your phone will likely void your warranty. Rooting your ASUS EePad Transformer TF101 is done entirely at your own risk. Access will be granted to areas of the system which are not to be toyed with by the inexperienced. There is always the slight possibility that you could brick your tablet, turning it into an expensive paperweight. Within this guide there will be links that direct you to other websites, for required to accomplish this task. These developers, along with us ( ToDroid.com ) cannot be held responsible for your device after reading this article. Our guidelines will help you safely update your device.
Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Jelly Bean Features :
Once you have a Cynogen Mod installed on your tablet, a whole new set of options become available to you. Customize the entire device however you see fit, and install apps that simply will not function on a stock ROM. With a highly personalized device, greater efficiency can be achieved in just about any situation.
Remember that this ASUS EePad Transformer TF101 ROM is a nightly build in alpha stages. There may be FC errors or other bugs in certain apps. To fix this reinstall the stock ROM or restore a backup.
Backup and Other Precautions :
One of the most important things you can do before rooting or flashing your ASUS EePad Transformer RF101 is backing up your data. This procedure includes –
- Sync your contact list, to an SD card or cloud storage where applicable.
- Export any data to your SD card or cloud storage to be imported later.
- Backup your current ROM for easy restoration.
- Ensure that your battery is at least 85% before starting, 100% recommended .
- Make sure you know what you are doing. This guide is written for devices that are factory unlocked. It is advised that you not attempt this if locked by a carrier unless we are mentioning your specific device model.
How to Install Android CM 10.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on ASUS EePad Transformer (TF101)
Before proceeding please make sure that you have downloaded and installed all the ASUS EePad Transformer USB Drivers.
Now we get to the good stuff. After following all the precautions to ensure that nothing important is going to be lost, we can begin the installation of the Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 on your ASUS EePad Transformer TF101.
Please read carefully and don’t miss any steps :-
- Download the Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM along with Google Apps to your computer.
- Plug your tablet into your computer, and enable mass storage. Copy and paste the two downloaded ZIP files to your SD card. Put these in the root directory, not in any folder.
- Disconnect from the USB and power down your device.
- Get into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the message on screen.
- Press Volume Up key to get to RCK (5s). Then you will press the Volume Down key to highlight the USB icon, and pressing Volume Up to confirm.
- Hit the power button once and choose to Wipe Cache or Clear Dalvik Cache. This is a crucial step and not one to be missed.
- Now you can press the power button to select the option “choose zip from SD card”. Then navigate to the Android 4.2.1 ROM zip file and select it by pressing the power button.
- Do the same thing as step 7, only this time select the Google Apps zip file.
Your ASUS EePad Transformer TF101 should now reboot on its own, and it may take about 5 minutes the first time. Verify the installation, and enjoy the new features.