The Acer Iconia tablet users can now upgrade their devices to the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS, as the custom ROM CM10.1 has been rolled out by M2 that is stable and can be used conveniently as a daily driver.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
Firmware Details :-
The CM10.1 M2 Jelly Bean is a custom firmware that can update the Acer tablet model Iconia Tab A700 and for this the user’s needs to have the ClockworkMod recovery to be installed on their device beforehand.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Acer Iconia Tab A700
Step By Step Guide :-
In this part of the article we will help you to successfully install the firmware through step by step guide.
Step 2: Now you will have to connect as well as mount your tablet’s memory on your PC with the help of USB cable.
Step 3: Now the zip files of Google Apps and firmware is copied and pasted in the SD card of your tablet and make sure that it there in the root of the card.
Step 4: Now switch off your tablet.
Step 5: In this step you will have to go to the Boootloader mode for which you will have to press the keys of Volume Down and Power together and turn on the tablet.
Step 6: The instructions of the navigation which are present on the screen is to be followed and then make the selection of the Bootloader and go to the Recovery.
Step 7: The data is first wiped in the ClockworkMod Recovery and then scrolling down to the option of “slash zip from SD card” is done and it is selected by pressing the key of Power.
Step8: Then once again the Power key is pressed so as to select the option of “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 9: Then the firmware zip file of CM10.1 ROM is selected with the use of a power button and you can use your volume buttons to navigate to these files. On next screen, you will have to make the conformation for the installation that will lead to the start of the installation process.
Step 10: The above given step 9 is to be followed again for the zip files of Google Apps.
Step 11: Once the installation process gets completed, you will have to go back and reboot your tablet by making the selection of the option “reboot system now” that is present in the recovery menu. A time of around 5 minutes will be taken to boot your device for the first time.
So finally after completion of these steps, you have the Android CM10.1 Jelly Bean firmware successfully installed on your Acer tablet.