If you are getting tired of using your Acer Iconia Tab A700, you will certainly welcome the newest update on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 CM 10.1 Custom ROM to bring more life and better performance on your tablet. The CyanogenMod team started to bring more nightly updates for Smartphones and even tablets like the Acer Iconia A700 Tab which is now ready to get an upgrade with the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM 10.1 custom ROM. CM 10.1 has widely released more builds and updates for Samsung Galaxy series, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 4 in all its other variants, ODroid U2, Samsung P3100, Samsung P3110, Samsung P5100 and Samsung P5110. These are just among the long lists of Smartphones and devices that are graced by the CyanogenMod 10.1 updates in custom ROM and the list is likely to add more.
Disclaimer :-This tutorial is applicable only for the particular model mentioned in the title of this tutorial and not for any other Android device. So, don’t try this tutorial on any other devices. All the Official Firmwares, Custom ROMs, Tools, Mods, Apps and more such things acknowledged in this tutorial pertain to their particular owners or developers. Although, it is improbable that your Android device may get damaged or bricked if you follow the procedure mentioned in this tutorial. So, do it on your own risk. Also, ToDroid.com or the developers or the owners are not bound or liable to any harm caused while following the steps in this tutorial as we are not forcing you to try out this tutorial.
In order to have the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 firmware update on your Iconia A700 Tablet, this tutorial will provide you a step-by-step instruction. As a precaution, be reminded that this tutorial is only available specifically for the A700 Acer Aconia Tab. It is unwise to use the update procedure in this tutorial with other tablets as it could break your device. As an important note, you have to make sure that your tablet data is fully backup in case you lose important applications and other information that are stored on your tablet. The update may take a while so to ensure an uninterrupted procedure, you should check its battery life that should be sufficient enough to complete the installation process (at least 80% of battery life of your tablet).
Firmware Details :-
The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update is not an official release but only a Custom ROM update for the Acer Iconia Tab A700 hence no official firmware detail is available.
Pre-requisites, Important Tips & Pre-cautions :-
- Make sure that :
- You have installed all the latest and updated USB Drivers of your Android device on your PC or Laptop.
- The battery of your Android device is charged and should have at least 70% – 80% power.
- USB Debugging Mode is “Enabled” on your Android device. You can find this in “Settings”.
- Your Android Device is “Rooted” and “ClockworkMod Recovery” is installed on your Device.
- You have performed “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition” before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Back Up :
- All your important data such as Call Log, Contacts, SMS Messages, Memos, Internet settings, WiFi settings, Android Apps and other data.
- All the Important files, Personal folders, Images , Songs, Videos, etc.
- Confirm the model number or type of your Android device before executing this tutorial.
- The ODIN Utility which is used in this installation procedure will only work in Windows OS. If you are using any other OS like Linux, Ubuntu or Mac OS on your PC then your will have to use HEIMDALL (Cross Platform Tool) to flash this firmware.
- Note :- The Custom Firmware or Custom ROM which is included in this tutorial might contain bugs and issues as it is still under development. All the bugs and issues will be fixed or resolved as the development process progresses. After installing the Custom ROM, Samsung Kies will not detect your device because it’s an unofficial Firmware.
How to Install CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Acer Iconia Tab A700
Step by Step Guide :-
Step 1: Download the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM CM 10.1 on your computer.
Step 2: Download the Google Apps for the Acer Tab Iconia A510 on your computer.
Step 3: Connect the tablet to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 4: Copy all the files that you downloaded in steps 1 and 2 (the CM 10.1 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Google Apps respectively) to the SD card.
Step 5: Turn off the device and then unplug it from the computer.
Step 6: Turn the device on while it is in the bootloader mode. Do this by pressing simultaneously the power and volume down buttons.
Step 7: From the screen instruction, choose the bootloader option using the volume button to make the selection and then go to the recovery option.
Step 8: While the device is in the recovery mode, scroll down to the “flash zip from SD card” option then press the button to make the selection.
Step 9: Select the “choose zip from sd card” option by pressing on the power button.
Step 10: Select the download AOKP ROM zip file to begin the installation process. Follow the same process to download the Google Apps files.
Step 11: Patiently wait for the installation process to complete.
Step 12: Go to the “+++++Go Back” option.
Step 13: In order to reboot the device, go to the recovery menu to select the “reboot system now.” The device will take a few minutes to reboot.
Step 14: Your device will restart and you are now using the latest firmware Android custom ROM update for Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Now you can start enjoying its new features.
If you want to get better results from using your Acer Iconia Tab A700 with better enhanced features, you should get this update. The Android custom ROM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update will optimize the functionality and features that are available on your device. Why wait for the official release of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware when a custom ROM update is already here at your disposal? Acer Iconia Tab users are now taking the advantage and opportunity of updating their firmware. It may take some time before the official release of the 4.2.2 JB update but for now you can start enjoying better features and more optimized performance of your Tab A700.