There is a firmware that is built for the Motorola Atrix 2 and it is regarded as one of the most stable in the market. First off, the Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware needs the phone’s battery to be not less than 30% as the phone may go off during installation. In addition, all active antivirus applications need to be set in the off mode as they may cause interference during the installation. By carefully following the below steps, you can install the firmware without any complications.
- Download the Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware from the Internet directly to the computer. Once done, connect the phone to the computer by the use of its original USB cable, then transfer the downloaded file to your Motorola Atrix 2 Smartphone.
- Once done with step one, set the phone into recovery mode by turning it off and then turning it on again. When turning it on, the Motorola Logo will appear on the screen and at this point, you need to keep on pressing the volume down key continuously until the phone goes into recovery mode. Do not long press the volume down key.
- Once in recovery mode, install the zip from the SD card. While here, select the transferred Firmware package. Normally, it takes around four to five minutes to install the firmware and thanks to there being a progress bar, you can always see the progress on the displays on the screen.
- Well, sometimes during the installation, the Motorola Atrix 2 phone may get stuck on the Logo part when turning on or even refuse to turn on again. In this case, long press the power button to turn the phone off completely and then remove the battery, install it once again and turn the phone on. This means you may have to start the process from the top.
- Immediately the firmware is installed, use the volume keys to navigate back through the processes until you get to the option of rebooting the phone while in the normal mode. The rebooting may take about 6 minutes as the phone has to finalize all settings and Apps to enable future reboot. Once rebooted, the firmware is now successfully installed in the phone.
- To confirm the success of the installation, navigate to the settings menu, enter the about phone sub-menu and scroll to see the currently active firmware version. You should be able to locate the Jellybean 4.1 Cyanogen Mod 10 Firmware.