One can install custom ROM on their devices by flashing a custom recovery. If you have already bought or are planning to buy the all new Google Nexus 10, then you can check out the article below that gives you an idea about how to install the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your tablet.
Things to remember before installing ClockworkMod on Google Nexus 10 :-
Before you can begin with the process, you are required to unlock the boot loader of the device. Moreover, when you follow the procedure it will reset your device to the factory settings and all your data will be wiped off. So, make sure that you take a backup of all your data and contacts.
Note: Readers are advised to follow the procedure on their own risk. We do not take any responsibility if anything goes wrong. The following procedure is only applicable for the Google Nexus 10 and not any other device.
Steps to install ClockworkMod on Google Nexus 10 :-
- You need to install the android SDK on your system. To download the SDK click here.
- In order to flash the recovery on the tablet, you will also need Fastboot. Click here.
- The CWM recovery image can be obtained from here.
- Extract the contents of the zip file downloaded in step 2, fastboot.zip, in any folder on your system. It will create a folder on your system by the name of Fastboot that will contain four files within it.
- Copy the image downloaded in step 3 to the Fastboot folder of step 4.
- Switch off your tablet and reboot it in the fastboot mode. It can be done by simultaneously pressing the volume up, volume down and the power button. Press them until the device turns on and the start appears in green.
- Attach your tablet to your system with the help of the USB cable. If you are connecting it for the first time you will have to wait a little until your system installs the drivers.
- Make sure that your computer is running in the administrator mode. You can navigate through Start menu/All Programs/Accessories/Command prompt. Right click on the command prompt and select Run as Administrator. If you are using the latest windows 8, you can instead right click on the extreme bottom left corner of the taskbar and select the command prompt.
- Now you are ready to flash the image. Switch to the fastboot folder from the command prompt. For instance, if your folder is placed in the D drive then type cd D: Fastboot and press enter.
- Type fastboot devices.
- Finally, to flash the CWM enter fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and press enter. A message will appear in the command prompt stating OK or finished.
- Finally, type fastboot reboot and press enter.
- Now the CWM recovery is successfully installed on your tablet. To start the CWM recovery, again reboot the device in bootloader mode and navigate to recovery mode option in the menu.